🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to be a Rising Talent ?
Page options
mdanishart
Community Member

How to be a Rising Talent ?

Hello,

I am a new freelancer on Upwork, and completed my profile 100%, also passed Upwork Readiness Test with 5/5 marks, my profile is good enough and already got a project. My agency already got Rising Talent.

Can someone suggest me what am i doing wrong or what to do to become a rising talent as a freelancer.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohd,

Check out this Help Article to learn more about our Rising Talent program and the requirements you need to fulfill in order to receive the badge. Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation and the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

Thanks for your reply, so if i will fulfill all below points i'll get Rising Talent automatically within 48 hours ?

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test (link in email invitation)
  • Have at least one contract (but too few to receive a JSS) and deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days

Basically i just need to complete my current project with great success within timeline, and i will be eligible for Rising Talent.

Also you may want to rethink your English level. Part of the Rising Talent is being honest about your skills. Your profile overview is not at a Fluent level. Clients also look at this. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Well, I met all the criteria mentioned above and never got the rising talent badge.

Had to wait for the JSS score, which was 100 % from the day one and I like it more than rising talent, but never figured out why I was "skipped over" with rising talent status.

A bit off topic:

you and the guy you are working with in the same Upwork agency do have same designs in your portfolios.

I mean in your personal portfolios, not the agency's.

Please don't do that! Just a friendly advice.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths