🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to search for jobs by specific location o...
Page options
micvaughan
Community Member

How to search for jobs by specific location or region.

How do you search for jobs by specific location or region? I am in Central Arkansas and many of the jobs listed are located in other locations such as Chicago. I only want to view work in my region within 75 miles. Can this be done?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael

When you perform a job search, on the results page you are able to filter these results to show jobs you prefer and refine the selection. Here is the helpful article with the video which explains how to tune up your job searches to show the better results that match up with what you’re looking for.

A filter by the city is not available, unfortunately, but you can use the Location filter to filter per country. You can put the name of the city in the search field as one of the keywords though. Sometimes clients mention the location in job posts if they are looking for freelancers who reside there.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eb72a7a2
Community Member

So there is no way to limit results based on my geographical region?

That seems.... clunky...

207036d7
Community Member

complete flaw. absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. being able to search by location would help both ends. doesn't make sense not to have that feature. would love to know the logic behind that decision.

ritsman
Community Member

There is a filter on the left hand side column asking you to select client location.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths