🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to tackle horrible clients?
Page options
79bde000
Community Member

How to tackle horrible clients?

What do you do with clients who treat you horribly, keep changing their minds, and before someone can question them, make a part payment, end the contract and vanish? 

If I leave poor feedback I won't get my money back and they would respond horribly on mine which would only show up on my profile and end up only impacting me.

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Chhandsi S wrote:

What do you do with clients who treat you horribly, keep changing their minds, and before someone can question them, make a part payment, end the contract and vanish? 

If I leave poor feedback I won't get my money back and they would respond horribly on mine which would only show up on my profile and end up only impacting me.

Not much to deal with, now. Contract ended? Than, you can opt to never work with that client again, that's all you can do.

If the contract is ended, you won't get your money "back" regardless of a feedback.
Nor they will respond to your feedback, they won't see it until they leave a feedback for you. Or, they will see it after 14 days, but that would be too late for them to leave you feedback.

You should always leave an honest feedback. You shouln't vent nor try to be vengeful.
Feedback is useful to all of us, we all look at the feedback before sending our proposals, which is why it's important that you leave an honest one.

If your client wronged you - your feedback should reflect that.

prestonhunter
Community Member

If it is a fixed-price contract, you simply don't let the client "change their mind."

Not one bit. If they want to change something, no matter how small, don't do it unless they release escrow payment and set up a new milestone or create an hourly contract.

Clients should not be messing with fixed-price contracts. If they do, and you let them get away with it, is the beginning of a slippery slope that goes downhill fast.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths