🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I Need Help Please!!
Page options
eterniti_c
Community Member

I Need Help Please!!

Hello. I just started using Uppwork again and was contacted by a company. I have reason to believe their intentions are malicious, but I already sent them my driver's license (stupid I know). What action should I be taking at this point? I need help please 😞

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eterniti,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for flagging this for us. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please, make sure you don't share any private information directly with clients on Upwork. All the information needed to hire and pay you via Upwork is available on your profile.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kat303
Community Member

A person who has your drivers license number can present that ID for a traffic violation to a crime and that will be on your record (because it's YOUR drivers license number) That would result with having a criminal record all the way up to federal offense. 

It can also be used to obtain your medical records.

What you should do is to notify the police that someone has your drivers license number. You should also notify the DMV office in your area. 

Remember, you are dealing with STRANGERS on the internet that you just met. You have no idea if they are regular clients, scammers, or people trying to steal your identity. Be smart, use COMMON SENSE.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths