๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป New to Upwork ยป Someone please help
Page options
Danielle K Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Jef,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Stacy S Community Member

I am being told by the system that my phone number is in use by another account. I donโ€™t know which account but if itโ€™s an old one of mine, I would like it closed and my current account to have the correct number assigned to it.
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Melissa C Community Member

Hi. I am trying to set up an account on Upwork but when I get to the part where it needs my phone number to verify, I don't receive a verification code. I have triple checked to make sure my number is right and everything else. I am not sure what is going on. Please help!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Melissa,

I've shared your account details with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via ticket to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Carol C Community Member

I'm not receiving the verification text in order to finish setting up my account. 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Carol, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Danielle P Community Member

Hi,

Please help!

I just set up a new account. I reached the last step: to enter my phone number and receive a code so I can verify my new account.

I am receiving an error message saying that my number is being used by another account. How can I fix this situation?

I tried setting up a Google Voice account so I could enter a different phone number, but I am not receiving the verification code at the Google Voice number I set up.

Thank you in advance for your help!

HI Danielle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery

That's great. Much appreciated. I am available to talk most of today.

Thank you,

Danielle

Ryan W Community Member

When I try to verify my phone number it wonโ€™t send me a code- so frustrating! Does anyone know how to fix this?
Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ryan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kenni H Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing some problem with getting a verification code via text message. How would I go about this?

Thank you.

Hi Kenni,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Shaunalee M Community Member

When setting up my profile information, it told me my phone number was in use by another account and will not let me proceed.
I had previously set up an account here as recommended by my instructors at Independence University in Utah. I don't think I had my profile finished before I lost power. I don't know if that would have anything to do with this or not but I am very confused and frustrated.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Shaunalee,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kaylea B Community Member

Hi - I am trying to apply for freelance work, but I am unable to complete my application. When I enter my phone number for verification, I get an error message that says "This number is being used by another account."

I don't remember having ever signed up for an account (unless it was years ago when I had a different last name/email address, but I have no memory of that) and need to be able to apply. I saw in looking back at the forum that other people have run into the same problem. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Hi Kaylea, 

I"ll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery

I went back through my email history and found the email address I had used to apply to Upwork in 2018, but then never did anything with my profile. I figured out how to log back into the old account and erase it. Once so erased the old account I was able to successfully activate my new account with my cell number. Hope that helps! Good luck!!
Alexia W Community Member

I set up my account a few months back but I did not finish everything. I went to work on it today, and turns out I put the wrong phone number as my contact number. The account wants to verify the number, but I can not do that since it will not let me change the number. 

Hi Alexia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jonathan I Community Member

I am not receiving the text verification code either.

Hi Jonathan, 

~ Avery
Whitney D Community Member

Hi, I am trying to set up my account, but when I click the button to send a verification code to my number, nothing pops up on my phone. I've double checked that it is the correct number, but even after hitting the button multiple times, I still haven't received a text.

Hi Whitney, 

~ Avery
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths