🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I need a job
Page options
e0458855
Community Member

I need a job

Hi guys, I need help.

My upwork account has been approved and still I couldn't get a job, I keep sending proposal but no one has gotten back to me.

I have experience as a customer service, Chat support, Email Support, Data Entry, I have experience using Zendesk, Virtual assistance, Order processing, I have experience using Shopify platform and many more but still i couldn't get a job. Please I need help. Any suggestion?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_terrazas
Community Member

Hi Esther,
Well, you only have a few days in Upwork and getting the first job is difficult. It can take weeks, or even months.

What you should first do is work on your profile. Now you do not say anything that can make a client interested in you.

You have three profiles and in the three you say the same. By the way, "willing to be trained" is not something I would write.

Maybe you should look at other profiles to help you understand how to write your own.

Luck!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
m_terrazas
Community Member

Hi Esther,
Well, you only have a few days in Upwork and getting the first job is difficult. It can take weeks, or even months.

What you should first do is work on your profile. Now you do not say anything that can make a client interested in you.

You have three profiles and in the three you say the same. By the way, "willing to be trained" is not something I would write.

Maybe you should look at other profiles to help you understand how to write your own.

Luck!

Thank you, I will work on that because I seriously need a job.

Hi There, 

I hope you are fine but i need your help.

I need a job for dropshipping.I have 3 year experience

I hope you will provide a client

Thanks regard.

Hi guys, I need help.

My upwork account has been approved and still I couldn't get a job, I keep sending proposal but no one has gotten back to me.

I have experience as a customer service, Chat support, Email Support, Data Entry, I have experience using Zendesk, Virtual assistance, Order processing, I have experience using Shopify platform and many more but still i couldn't get a job. Please I need help. Any suggestion?

Ibrahim S wrote:

Hi guys, I need help.

Ibrahim, your profile is nothing.
You have to add more information. How can you help the client, what can you do for him.
I don't know how saturated your niche is, but with your profile you are not going to stand out in any way.

Look at profiles of other successful freelancers in your niche and see how they present themselves.
Of course, DO NOT copy any profile, just take them as inspiration to compose yours.

And get used to the idea that, even with a good profile, it can take you weeks or even months to get your first job.

Luck!

mtngigi
Community Member

Ibrahim S wrote:

Hi guys, I need help.

Why are you are using the exact same text as the OP who started this thread used?

Virginia F wrote:

Ibrahim S wrote:

Hi guys, I need help.

Why are you are using the exact same text as the OP who started this thread used?

Good point! I have not noticed! Smiley Frustrated

Edit to add:

Hey, isn't the OP trying another profile?
The OP profile is no longer available.
Suspect!

Maria T wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Ibrahim S wrote:

Hi guys, I need help.

Good point! I have not noticed! Smiley Frustrated

Edit to add:

Hey, isn't the OP trying another profile?
The OP profile is no longer available.
Suspect!

Most definitely suspect ...

I really do need a job also though I am new.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Esther A wrote:

Hi guys, I need help.

You put so little effort into building your profile that any client will be hesitant hiring you and risking so little effort being put into his job. 

Thank you so much for your comment, I will work more on my profile. Hopefully I can get a project soon. 

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Freelancing means you are running your own business. You have to approach it this way, or it will end up going nowhere for you. There are no guarantees in freelancing. More people than not make a living where they can quit their day job. As the others have stated, it can take weeks or months to get the first client (they are not employers, you are not an employee) and it takes a lot of work and dedication to make it happen. You have to plan to be able to feed yourself while you wait it out.
kat303
Community Member

Unless you have some special skills, a special niche that 100+ other freelancers in this same field have, you are not the best. Please get rid of that statement and if you are the best, then post relevant information that verifies that statement. And this is not a place to be trained. This is a place to market your services and skills in order to complete jobs. 

e0458855
Community Member

Thank you for your comment, 
I just updated my profile. I hope this is okay. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths