🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I recommend new Upwork freelancers ****
Page options
76a21b7f
Community Member

I recommend new Upwork freelancers ****

Hello all, just a quick reminder that Upwork staff and higher staffs do not care about you and your performance on Upwork at all. I have been a freelancer on here since December 2022, delivered and exceeded the expectation of all my clients on 15 jobs all with 5 stars, over 10k in earnings, only for some client to make a mistake while providing feedback, which Upwork don't want to fix for you. You're completely biased-against and unprotected. You're on your own and it highly depends on your luck and not on your skills to get a 100% JSS.

Even if the client genuinely contacted support for me and told them she made a mistake while providing private feedback. It's just horrendous how their Ending Contract page is so confusing for new clients, especially for clients who just don't want to fill it out. A job being successful should be a **Edited for Community Guidelines** YES or NO question which can also be appealed. The second "private feedback" is just so irrelevant.  My client read that too fast and thought it was a review about the Upwork platform, which is why I took a 1 star on private feedback. I agree with her only if it was true that was the review about the Upwork platform, but it was not unfortunately.  My Agency JSS dropped to 82% , and my profile too because that was both a Agency and Freelancer job. 

I genuinely lost my respect to the Upwork community and platform, and I sincerely hope this gets to the CEO and I hope you delete my account too because it's useless now that I know I have not any guarrantee of future protection from Upwork, even after being promised Top Rated and Freelancer Plus support, which stays till today faded inexistence by the way. If one client made a mistake, I believe all clients can make the same mistake too, which renders all of your work on an unfair pathway, which is not suitable to me! 🙂

I hope a new freelancer platform comes up and cares about your hard work done, and has an appeal and mediation system for the reviews. Simply put, the reviews and JSS are the sole reason you are being hired and let's not underestimate this truth. Again, my client was genuinely telling me sorry every day for making that mistake. Upwork does not care though! The problem is with the Upwork system that I have made the mistake of trusting, and not my client, and I'm undeserving of it. 

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Bassel,

I am sorry to hear about the frustration this has caused to you. As communicated in your ticket please know that by design we do not have the option to edit private feedback. However, as a Top Rated you have two options for removing feedback:

• Remove feedback only from your Job Success Score calculation (the public score and comment will remain visible on your profile).
  • Remove from your Job Success Score and from your profile (the public score will be hidden and the comment will be replaced by, "This feedback has been removed.").

You can find more information in this help article. Additionally, I would like to let you know that we shared your post with our team for further review and consideration.
~ Nikola
Upwork
76a21b7f
Community Member

Sorry Nikola, this is not a solution. First of all, I won't use my perk for a client mistake where a client is genuinely happy with my work but made a mistake in private feedback. 2- This perk will not solve the JSS effect I got on my Agency. 

Upwork staff have became bots and I'm telling you that soon you will all be replaced by AI. There's no Upwork community, we are all pawns acting as slaves for the platform. Look elsewhere, they don't want to protect nor they have time to care about anyone's opinion. For me, this platform is now null to and I lost my motive and purpose here already. Please, i do not want bots to reply to this 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths