🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I want to change the scope of my job
Page options
07876e4b
Community Member

I want to change the scope of my job

I intended on posting a pretty big job on UpWork for about $600. Since I've never posted before, I thought maybe it was a better idea to scale it down. So I broke it down to two jobs. I posted a smaller $200 job and I invited four people to the project. I think it's a pretty complex job so I want to hire a very skilled programmer.

A couple of the people I invited got back to me but they only do higher priced jobs. Now I'm wanting to post the entire job at $600 so that the more skilled programmers will take the job.

Thanks for your help.

I want to cancel the original $200 smaller job and instead post the entire project for $600. There's nothing wrong with me doing this, right?

I just want to be sure I'm doing everything on the up-and-up and I'm not breaking any etiquette rules.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I want to change the scope of my job"

That's fine.

re: "I thought maybe it was a better idea to scale it down."

Always an excellent idea.

re: "Now I'm wanting to post the entire job at $600 so that the more skilled programmers will take the job."

You are allowed to edit the job posting. Or remove a job posting and create a new job posting.

re: "I want to cancel the original $200 smaller job and instead post the entire project for $600. There's nothing wrong with me doing this, right?"

There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Keep in mind that job postings and contracts are different things.

You may post a job posting, and through that posting have an opportunity to talk to freelancers. Then you may hire the freelancers through Upwork using different details than were in the job posting. The job posting is just the start of a conversation. You are not obligated to hold to the scope or dollar amount originally indicated in the posting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I want to change the scope of my job"

That's fine.

re: "I thought maybe it was a better idea to scale it down."

Always an excellent idea.

re: "Now I'm wanting to post the entire job at $600 so that the more skilled programmers will take the job."

You are allowed to edit the job posting. Or remove a job posting and create a new job posting.

re: "I want to cancel the original $200 smaller job and instead post the entire project for $600. There's nothing wrong with me doing this, right?"

There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Keep in mind that job postings and contracts are different things.

You may post a job posting, and through that posting have an opportunity to talk to freelancers. Then you may hire the freelancers through Upwork using different details than were in the job posting. The job posting is just the start of a conversation. You are not obligated to hold to the scope or dollar amount originally indicated in the posting.

Thanks! So it seems there's no need for me to post the larger project. I can simply send these freelancers I invited the whole project and I can ask them if they are willing to do that for the larger price.

Thanks a lot for your help!

re: "So it seems there's no need for me to post the larger project. I can simply send these freelancers I invited the whole project and I can ask them if they are willing to do that for the larger price."

Yes.

That's what I would do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths