Hello everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this!
I am new to Upwork and I am trying to figure out if a job is not closed by the due date (if the freelancer completed it), will it count against the freelancer's JSS?
I (freelancer role) completed a job before the due date and I do not want to close it just yet because I think the client should be the one to close it (maybe they are still reviewing the work I did or something. In any case, I will probably ask them if it is OK to close it if they do not do so by the deadline). But I am just wondering, for the future, if something like this happens again with other clients, would it affect the freelancer's JSS?
Thanks again for your time and consideration!
Keeping a contract open past the due date will not affect your JSS on its own. The due date is there for your and your client's reference and doesn't affect any metrics. That said, it's important that you and your client discuss the expectations for the contracts, whether any further work needs to be done on it or if it could be closed. In general, an active long-term relationship with your client can actually improve your JSS. On the other hand, if the contract becomes idle it is generally best that you ask the client to close it and leave feedback as part of the process.
I have a similar question. I am new here and got first message on upwork for first client on 6th in response to a job posting I applied around 4th. This client had few queries and anyways he was responding very late like after 2 days on an avg. on 16th Oct he agreed and sent me the offer and put a due date as 17th, with just less than 24hrs of ETA for me. Since I had worked on similar program, I could easily recreate a new code for him and sent him on 17th Morning , which was still 16th night for him. He mentioned that he will work over the weekend (17th and 18th Oct) and let me know how the program worked at his end. I have been sending message to him on 17th , 18th, 19, once in a day asking him whether he executed or faced any issues, but now response. yesterday on 20the oct he says , "sorry I forgot to execute, The project is due next week and will le me know before that". which means I have to wait another 7 days.
now my queries are that the offer date was 16th Oct, the Due date was 17th Oct. I submitted my work on 17th (which was 16th night for the client). now after 3 days , client says another week. which means end of October. So what is the expectation from client ? does client have any responsibilities to respond within a time frame ? by when I can expect the contract to close by itself and payment be processed ?
In this way client can keep on lingering and i will never get my first job into completion, no feedback , no payment . how does that even help the freelancers !!
The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. For more information about how to get paid for fixed-price contracts, please check out this help article. Please let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!
I recevied a notification from the client and he marked approved on 31-Oct to my payment request that I submitted along with the atrefacts/code on 17th Oct.
I have a few queries:
1. When I check the My Stats (https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/) it says Job Score = Not Available, 12 month earning = $0. Why is that ? When will it reflect in my Upwork Earnings ? Do other clients still see that my earning is $0 ?
2. When I goto Report -> Overview (https://www.upwork.com/ab/reports/in-progress) - it says available is $15.85. which incidates out of $20 4 was deducted as 20% commision and additional $0.15 . Which then I looked at the contracts invoice - What is WHT there ?
3. The End Contract button is still active. Do I need or the client has to click on End contract ?
1. I checked your account, and you do not have a JSS yet. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete projects with 3 (or more) different clients and 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months.
2. If you go here, it is indicated as withholding tax.
3. If the job has been completed, you may request the client to end the contract. If in case they are unresponsive, you may end the contract yourself.
thanks for your quick revert. I still have last query -
When will it reflect in my Upwork Earnings ? Do other clients still see that my earning is $0 even after completing the 1 job..
Or it wil show upo once the contract is marked End ?
I checked your profile and it seems that the earnings are already showing on your profile so the clients should be able to see it.
Learn more about our awesome Community member Lisa!Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More
Beginning Your Freelancing Journey on UpworkLearn More