🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Inquiry about Using Contact Information for a...
Page options
9c08accd
Community Member

Inquiry about Using Contact Information for a Project

I want to know if it's okay to use the contact information given by a potential long-term client I've worked with before. They told me about a project where I have to meet with an onsite contact person linked to the business. Can I use the provided contact information to work together with the contact person for the project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Mukesh,

If you have already worked with this client in the past on Upwork, you can use the contact information to communicate and work with the person linked to the business. Please ensure you have a contract in place on Upwork before you initiate any work and all payments are made through Upwork only. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
9e06a9ff
Community Member

Hi Mukesh, if you have worked with that client earlier and for the current project, if your contract has already been done on Upwork, yes you can share your personal contact details for that project working only. Please make sure to keep all the conversations updated on Upwork messages and then keep all further conversations and communication through Upwork only to keep yourself away from any troubles or issues from the client in the future. All the Best 👍🏻

Thank you, Prashant, for responding. However, the client is not requesting my contact information. Instead, they are asking me to contact another individual for a meeting, and this person will be assisting me with the job on-site. The client has indicated that they will provide me with the necessary contact information, and I will need to visit the site where this individual will be working as my assistant.

PradeepH

Hi Mukesh,

If you have already worked with this client in the past on Upwork, you can use the contact information to communicate and work with the person linked to the business. Please ensure you have a contract in place on Upwork before you initiate any work and all payments are made through Upwork only. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for the reply

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths