cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation to Email Prospective Client Directly

Brian C Member Since: Mar 2, 2019
11 of 16
OK, I flagged it.

Is there anything else I need to do other than Flagging the job?
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 16

Brian C wrote:

OK, I flagged it. But just to let you see what I saw, here is his email reply to me:

Is there anything else I need to do other than Flagging the job?

Yes, you need to edit/delete the message info in your post immediately (or a forum mod will), because that is not allowed. I'm not surprised it was a scam. It might help to read this:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

13 of 16
OK, I edited my message here. Is that what you were suggesting?

In case it wasn’t clear, I have done nothing to violate the TOS in my communications with the client.
14 of 16
Looks like the client is no longer with Upwork. Should I cancel the Proposal or keep it as a reminder of who it was in case he comes back?
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
15 of 16

Brian C wrote:
Looks like the client is no longer with Upwork. Should I cancel the Proposal or keep it as a reminder of who it was in case he comes back?

doesn't matter. The proposal will be archived by upwork after 30 days of inactivity and move into your "archived proposals" list. 

So, just forget about it. 

16 of 16

OK, thank you.

I will keep chugging along. I'm not discouraged that of the 5 jobs I've applied for, 2 have been busts and the other 3 clients never replied to my app. That's actually a better percentage than I'd gotten from making job applications for full time and part time jobs before finding Upwork.

With those, I am 0 for a gazillion.

That's either an approximation or an exaggeration.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS