🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Obtaining the Rising Talent Badge
Page options
Anoop V Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540
Pierre T Community Member

Hello!

I have all the requirements to have the Rising Talent badge, since one week now, and still it doesn't appear on my profile.

Can I know the reason?

Regards,

Pierre

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Pierre,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Accordingto this article, I meet all the requirements to have the Rising Talent Badge. Nevertheless, it doesn't appear on my profile. I don't understand the reason.

Can someone explain to me?

Thank you!

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Pierre,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

Thank you for your answer.

I know that and it has been more than 48 hours I meet all the requirements.

Beverley F Community Member

My profile is classified as 100% complete.
Why don't I have rising talent status?
Samuel T Community Member

Beverly,

There are a few other requirements in order to be eligible for the Rising Talent status, you can check here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

Adam A Community Member

A 100% complete profile is only one of the requirements.

As Rising Talent, you must
  1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

Per the support doc, after completing all the requirements it may take up to 48 hours for the badge to appear.

If you have not yet completed it, the Upwork Readiness Test is linked under "My Jobs".

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/readiness-test/

Yuliia K Community Member

I'm new to Upwork Platform.
I've completed profile by100%, but rising talent not reached.
Please help me.

Kishor P Community Member

i would doubt that your profile is 100% complete. The automated system may show you 100% complete. but after manual review i can say it is only 70% complete. Write something about you, your experience, your expertise, your past projects etc.

Rising talent is more about manual invitation and less automated. Keep posting proposals. It would take around 4-5 weeks to get rising talent badge (this is my personal experience and not official).

Proper presentation with proper english language is important. Work on your english. It is good in profile but i am sure you will make mistake while submitting proposal. For example, It should be 'did not get rising talent badge' and not 'rising talent not reached'.

Muhammad Zeeshan H Community Member

As Rising Talent, you must

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile    that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status   up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals  to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the    Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

I  hope you fulfill all these conditions.  If not then  take appropriate steps. 

Edel G Community Member

I did everything necessary to get the rising talent badge but still not getting it. Can someone please take a look at my profile and tell me what I am missing, thanks

Nichola L Community Member

Edel,

Once anyone has a JSS, they are no longer eligible for the rising talent badge, which is given to starter freelancers who have met all the criteria to get the badge. 

ETA: Your profile is set to private, so no one can comment on your profile. 

Talha Khalid R Community Member

When i will be invited for rising talent? I am eligible and fulfilled all the requirements.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Talha Khalid,

Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Muhammad O Community Member

I submitted my first proposal before my profile was 100% complete. Then I made it 100% complete, submitted another proposal and then took the Upwork Readiness Test. How can I be part of the Rising Talent program?

Hi Muhammad,

Congrats on completing the Upwork Readiness test. Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Zen Tristan T Community Member

Hi, 

I still did not get my 30 free connects and rising badge talent. I already passed the Upwork readiness test for more than 3 weeks now and also completed all the requirements for rising badge talent.  Need help thank you.

Nicholas K Community Member

Zen Tristan T wrote:

Hi, 

I still did not get my 30 free connects and rising badge talent. I already passed the Upwork readiness test for more than 3 weeks now and also completed all the requirements for rising badge talent.  Need help thank you.

Once all requirements are met, the system will award you automatically. Check all the requirements. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

Zen Tristan T Community Member

I already completed all the requirements a month ago.  but there are still no 30 connects and badge? Can you help? thanks

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Zen Tristan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Shaju I Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

How are you all? I Hope you all are well.

Suddenly I created a Id on upwork and completed Readiness Test with 4.5 Marks. But I can't Get a Upwork Rising Talent Badge. But Why.. Can anyone help me..??

Hi Shaju,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Marianna A Community Member

Dear Bojan, I passed the Readiness test about 2 weeks ago, also have 92% job success, but didn't receive my badge yet, PLease help me.

Hi Marianna,

Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Since you have received your Job Success Score you won't be able to receive the Rising Talent Badge. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths