🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Hi All,

My account was inactive for years. Now Upwork policy says you have to be active for past 90 days to get the badge back. Well i assume this badge helps i getting notices since i dont have JSS right now. Question is how can i know how many days left in required activity period to be completed, so i can get the rising talent badge back.

Azam M wrote:

Now Upwork policy says you have to be active for past 90 days to get the badge back. Well i assume this badge helps i getting notices since i dont have JSS right now. Question is how can i know how many days left in required activity period to be completed, so i can get the rising talent badge back.

It doesn't say that. It says you have to be active DURING the last 90 days, not that you have to be active FOR 90 days.

You may well not get it again considering that yours isn't a new profile

I got it. Then why i am not getting the rising talent badge? I fulfil all the requirements to get the badge

Azam M wrote:

I got it. Then why i am not getting the rising talent badge? I fulfil all the requirements to get the badge

Did you ever have it?

I don't know about that, since i basically joined oDesk and wasn't very active then. Since i am very much active now and sending proposals regularly , i will like to have it back. So clients may notice me

Azam M wrote:

, i will like to have it back

It didn't exist back then. So there is nothing to "get back".

If you become eligible, you'll get it automatically. If you don't get it automatically, you are not eligible.

Great. May i know what do i need to do further to get the rising talent badge? As far as i know i am eligible as per stated policies. Please guide on exact policy i do not comply with. Thank you for assistance

Azam M wrote:

Great. May i know what do i need to do further to get the rising talent badge?

Some people get it, others never do. Don't worry about it, just carry on and if it does happen (I think it's unlikely considering you have such an old profile), it happens.

Well, It does effect freelancers. As many clients ask for rising talent badge as mandatory.

I would appreciate if you could look into this matter further

Azam M wrote:

Well, It does effect freelancers. As many clients ask for rising talent badge as mandatory.

Nobody sets it as mandatory. Some clients have it as a preference. You can still apply.

There is no need to look into it. If you were eligible, you'd have got it. If you haven't got it, you're not eligible at this time.

I have started my Upwork journey on 1-01-2021 and I earned $1k+ with 5 stars feedback. When I will get rising talent or a top-rated badge? 

petra_r
Community Member

Arkoprova T wrote:

I have started my Upwork journey on 1-01-2021 and I earned $1k+ with 5 stars feedback. When I will get rising talent or a top-rated badge? 

You'll need a couple more completed contracts with feedback to get a Job Success Score. If that JSS is over 90%, you will be eligible for a top rated badge if you keep the JSS above 90% for 13 out of 16 weeks and fulfil the other criteria. If you were eligible for the RT badge, you'd have it already

I have opened my upwork profile 2016. But I was irregular in this marketplace. Now I am regular and also working. My present job succcess score (JSS) is 58%. How can I get Rising Talent badge?

Hi Rana,

Once you have enough work history on Upwork, the Rising Talent status is automatically replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status!

~Andrea
Upwork

Rana Kumar S wrote:
 How can I get Rising Talent badge?

You can't because you already have a (very poor) Job Success Score.

Rising Talent Status is for new freelancers with a good profile and who don't have a JSS yet. 

Hey Community,
I got an email from upwork to apply for the Talent badge.I submitted the Application and its been 3-4 days my submission is still under review.So basically how many days does upwork take to review 1 submission and in how many days we will be reverted back?

Hi Hritik,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? Please also include the screenshot of the email you received. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
annaroze
Community Member

I am unable to PM you,I have attached the files below

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hritik, 

I would like to clarify that the emails you received are not related to Rising Talent status. You received emails for the Talent Scout program

Talent Scout matches the most highly skilled talent on Upwork with clients who are looking for the best of the best. These are exclusive roles with clients who want to work with the top independent professionals around. To take part, you’ll need to apply and successfully pass a  screening process. Then, when we have a client looking for your skills, we’ll let them know about you. You can find more information on this thread and in this help article

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork
annaroze
Community Member

What is Exactly in the interview process,Is it one to one on zoom or Live Chat?

Hi Hritik,

We won’t be able to share specific details about the interview process. Essentially, you’ll meet with one of our specialized recruiters who will interview you to see what roles interest you and if you are a fit for the program.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I just received Rising Talent Badge and have some questions in mind. 1) Do it really helps winning proposals. 2) Will it go away after some time 3) how to use in advantage .  Thanks in advance for help 🙂 

Hello Muhammad,

Congratulations on wining a Rising Talent Badge on your profile.

Upwork's Talent Badge help highlight proven or expert talent on Upwork which helps to standout from other Freelancer. Rising Talent Badge highlights some of the best new members in the Upwork marketplace. Learn more about Rising Talent here. Your Talent Badges are updated as your profile progress and performance on our platform. You can learn more about Upwork Talent Badges here

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I think I have meet all above .
Can you please ask me that why I did not received "Rising talent" badge?
And when I will receive I also reach to criteria of "Top rated" badge.
So, can anyone ask me cause that why I did not getting this badge 

Koushik N wrote:

Can you please ask me that why I did not received "Rising talent" badge?

You have a Job Success Score so you can't have a Rising Talent Badge.

Koushik N wrote:

And when I will receive I also reach to criteria of "Top rated" badge.

When you fulfill all the criteria below:

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks (Called "eligible weeks on your My Stats Page", you need 13 of those.)
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

• Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks (Called "eligible weeks on your My Stats Page", you need 13 of those.)

Only isuse on this point.
I already did fullfill all about "Rising talent" but I am not getting "Rising talent" badge. I don't know what I am missing.
And that's why I can't fullfill this criteria of "Rising talent" for "Top rated" other wise fullfilled everything for Top rated. I don't know what I missed from my side. 

Koushik N wrote:

I already did fullfill all about "Rising talent" but I am not getting "Rising talent" badge. I don't know what I am missing

You will never get a Rising Talent badge because you have a JSS.

Koushik N wrote:

Only isuse on this point.

You will get Top Rated once your JSS has been above 90% for at least 13 out  of the last 16 weeks. You don't need to have been Rising Talent for Top Rated. But you can't get it until you have the 13 eligible weeks.

Ok. Now I understand.
Thank you.

eram01
Community Member

Can you please tell me one thing?

Do I need to apply for Rising talent badge or upwork will give this badge to me automatically once I qualify ?

Thanks

Eram

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for this question, Eram.

The Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements.

~ Bojan
Upwork
2c59934f
Community Member

Hello,
I want to know if I did all the steps or not? Knowing that I passed the test rising talent.

Hi Tarek,

I would like to clarify that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics. 

You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi sir, My Profile is 100% complete.

I already did fullfill all about "Rising talent" but I am not getting "Rising talent" badge. I don't know what I am missing. Please sir check my profile and guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Shahzaib,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am not receiving the code sent to the registered contact number anymore for the last 3 days. I always have to use my email for the same.

Secondly, my rising talent badge is not updated in my profile. How much time does it take to show up?

Thank You in advance for your help and response.

Hi Meshach,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with receiving the verification code. You can access your ticket on this page.

Additionally, I would like to clarify that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank You for your response. 

With regards to the rising talent badge, I have already received 30 free connects as well. So am I not eligible as yet? I thought I have met all requirements.

Hi Meshach,

Thank you for following up. I am sorry for the confusion it looks like your badge was not displayed when I checked. 

Congratulations on receiving the Rising Talent badge! Your badge is now displayed correctly on your profile nad I can confirm the 30 Connect you received were for the Rising Talent status. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I had received my Upwork rising talent badge just yesterday, Now i cannot see it. Why? When i search for my name, It shows that I am rising talent but when I click my profile, the rising talent badge is not there. What is happening?

Update: I have been reading that I cant have JSS and rising talent. But can I apply to jobs that require rising talent?

That is correct, Anuraag.

The Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. since you have received your Job Success Score, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

The Rising Talent badge is a default setting that clients can remove as a preference on their postings, it is a preference, not a requirement. Freelancers who don’t meet this preference can still bid and get hired on these jobs, just make sure your proposal is well written and that you’re absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you’re applying for.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths