🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Hi Sumit,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,
you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Thanks

When and how showing rising talent in my profile? my all the work is perfect but when show rising talent in my profile? please help me.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amimul,

The Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. Since you have received your Job Success Score, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0f6934dc
Community Member

Thanks Bojan,
For your advice i also follow that's.

Hi There,

Even after passing the upwork readiness test, 1 completed job with 5 star rating, I am unable to see Rising talent tag on my profile.

Can someone please help?

Hi Bhavikkumar, 

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

As long as I can see, I comply with all criteria so I should have that.

please have a look at attched snap.

Hi Bhvaikkumar,

Once you qualify, you'll receive a notification letting you know. The Rising Talent process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Freelancer,

Hello upwork community,

i have completed the rising tallent skill test but i can't recevie any badge yet. I create this acc in feb 2021 but from then i can't use it. SO when i get the rising tallent badge? 

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Hafizul,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello 

I was wondering when does one get a rising talent badge? like I can't understand the Algorithm. I have seen people with 0 jobs having the badge vis-a-vis people who have completed 4-5 jobs with good ratings not having the badge. 

Can I get the badge? I have completed two jobs with 5 star rating and 2 jobs in progress, I also submit proposals time after time. I have also maintained a good profile or atleast tried to maintain one. But I don't have the badge 😞

I would really appreciate Upwork team help/insight on this with me. 

stay safe

Thank you

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. Even new freelancers who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent.

Please know that Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I have done 4 jobs on upwork and earnings $700+ but I do not get rasing talent badge. 

although, I am newbie in upwork, but I worked on other freelance marketplace. I have strong background of work history, and expereince. 

I have been in upwork, the freelancer of upwork that earned $5 that they get raising talent badge.

but why me do not get badge.  

this is my profile link: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

and this is an example of other freelancer account who get rasing talent badge.

Even I have completed 100% all jobs. 

I have attached some examples of badge. 

please have a look them.

best regards,

rubnawaz

Rubnawaz,

Here are the criterias to become a rising talent:

Criteria

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

It worths to check everything, because it also happened to me in the beggining.

I hope this helps!

I have followed all requirements. even I don't get badge and I have completed Upwork Readiness Test more than 3 times with 5 score. I have been upwork freelancing over 3 months.

but I still not get badge.

Hi there,

yes, you are right. 

Hey everyone.

1. So I have 6 completed jobs with over two clients, passed the Upwork readiness test, and I have also been an active user for about 4 months but I still don't have the rising talent badge. Is there something wrong?

2. Is it possible for Upwork to take it up if I send too many proposals? I have sent over 20 proposals in the past 4 days and no response. Before that, I would often get replies or invitations at least once a day but it isn't the case now. I suspect my account is hidden or shadowbanned. Can Upwork do that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ebiere,

Your account is not hidden and it could be found in search results. The Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you’ll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork community,
I have been on Upwork for 3 months now, and I completed two jobs with 5-star ratings, and I have earned just under $4,000.
I have also taken and passed the Upwork Readiness Test and to my sense have all the other criteria needed: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049702614.
When will I be eligible to become a Rising Talent program?
Grateful for your feedback!

Rising Talent is conferred at UW's discretion -- don't call them, they'll call you. And nobody knows how much or whether it even helps. I was a Rising Talent and it still took me a month (and 60 connects) to land my first contract. nearly another month (and 60 more) to land my second, and another six months or more to start getting any traction at all. And I came to the platform having supported myself freelancing for 20 years. In any case, RT is a temporary designation which only lasts until you qualify for a JSS. You're off to a good start, so keep choosing projects carefully and aceing delivery, and you'll go far.

Hi Phyllis, thanks a lot for your feedback and your kind words and encouragement. All the best!

I see, you great job. I am also same as you. I also done 5 jobs. earning $700++, see the requirements. I I am capatable to get badge. Let see what upwork team help us.

Hi, Why I can't get rising talent badges on Upwork when I'm already eligible. Can you check my profile and tell me the reason why?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b0ddaeb2fb928e18

Hi Rivaldo,

As you have already earned your Job Success Score, you're no longer eligible for the Rising Talent badge. You can now work toward the Top Rated status!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have passed the Upwork Readness test, I have a 100% complete profile, availability status, submit proposals and I have been active for the last 90 days, so why do not I get the Raiset Talent badge?

Hi Svetlana,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Community,

I think I have fulfilled all the requirements of rising talent. But I did not get the badge. 
I want to know if there is any number of completing job to get the badge and it there any specific time to get the badge.

Thank you.

Hi Abdullah Al Motroo,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have been on Upwork for some time now. Got my first contract 2 months or so ago, and am doing pretty well. My employer is quite happy with me, and we have extended our contract more than 10 times, milestones after milestones, and I have gotten a raise nearly 3 times, plus a bonus once. 

My client has also given me a 5-star review, which does reflect on my profile. Then what am I still missing to get the RISING TALENT badge? I have crossed the 700 mark, while a post I saw on Linkedin showed a man with 10 bucks of earning, getting the badge. I have even spent more time with my client. What am I lacking to get the badge? 

My profile is

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011a4cfdda9ba904d6

How much you earned is not a requirement to get a Rising Talent badge. FLs with zero earnings can also get RT badge. 

You need to complete and pass Upwork Readiness Test, I did not pay attention to this and when I passed it I got the badge in 2 days. 

You also need to complete your profile 100%, your profile does not seem to be 100% completed. From what I know you also need to add portfolio samples. 

There is an indicator on your profile page to check what % of your profile is completed.

Also, maintain availability status up to date. 

Keep sending proposals. 

Try those and see if it helps. 

adiroy2
Community Member

How long does the rising talent badge last? Is it for a time period? Or does it get removed after some time if I don't land more jobs? 

Hi Aditya,

An eligible freelancer will have the Rising Talent as long as they meet the criteria. Also, once there is enough work history on Upwork, the Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS).

~Andrea
Upwork

I have completed 4 jobs ( two is 5 stars and 1 review another 4 star and 1 job is progress. Even there is no rising talent badge on the other hand my friend completed 1 job but he gets rising talent. what happened for me?

petra_r
Community Member

Saydur R wrote:

I have completed 4 jobs ( two is 5 stars and 1 review another 4 star and 1 job is progress. 

The 3.8 star contract, where the client gave you 2 stars for quality and skills, and which will have come with poor private feedback, means you are not eligible for a Riing Talent status and will also affect your JSS when you get it.

saydur1
Community Member

Thank Petra But how can I get my rising talent in this situation? Basically, I mean how can I remove my private feedback as a new freelancer?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths