🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is there any proposal shortlisting system/pla...
Page options
54b8df4e
Community Member

Is there any proposal shortlisting system/plan for one?

Hi all, I was wondering whether clients ever show whether you're being shortlisted for their opportunities and/or show feedback as to why you've not made the cut, if that's the case?

I'd love it if clients flagged any proposals with a reason code/shortlist option, but appreciate this idea may not be for everyone!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

That exists. Clients can decline proposals and click on one of I think 10 reasons, you get a notification at that point. Clients almost never use it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

That exists. Clients can decline proposals and click on one of I think 10 reasons, you get a notification at that point. Clients almost never use it. 

Ah, I see, thank you for letting me know. I understand it could be rather tricky for clients if they're inundated with applicants. I suppose it's an age-old issue across recruitment and career platforms! 

Yes nobody can force clients to use it. Aside from that, it really doesn't give you any actionable information. You might be too expensive for one client, but just right for another. You have no idea what motivates a particular client, every one is different. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths