🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Issues with Invitation
Page options
e93190ed
Community Member

Issues with Invitation

I received an invitation to interview yesterday and was about to accept, however, I'm not sure how to submit the proposal. There isn't a button or anything I can press to submit my proposal. Does this mean the client is no longer accepting proposals? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

It probably means that the either the client or Upwork removed the job post. But try clicking on the "view job post" link and then see if you can submit there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pgiambalvo
Community Member

It probably means that the either the client or Upwork removed the job post. But try clicking on the "view job post" link and then see if you can submit there.

Thank you! The job post mentioned someone else getting hired, so I guess it has been removed. I appreciate the help. 

I'm not sure why this was chosen as the accepted solution as it isn't even correct. The job ad may have been removed, but if you are invited for a job the apply button does not appear on the job post page but a different page that has the "View Job Post" button on it. If you see the job post, but don't see the apply button, then look for the link in the upper left that says you have been invited to apply and click on that. Then you will see the job description with a button to apply.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Farah, as a newcomer to UW with no established job history, assume any unsolicited invitations you receive are from scammers. Think about it -- what legitimate client would seek out a brand-new, untried FL when the platform is awash in FLs with documented experience and successful contracts? You have to search out and pursue opportunities in order to get started here. Unsolicited advice: search for FLs doing the kind of work you want to do, find the ones who are succeeding and study their profiles. Good luck!

Thank you! While I am new to UW, I understand that this could happen and appreciate the heads up. Does this apply to clients with high ratings and a verified payment method? 

High and multiple ratings is a good sign that they are legitimate. But verified payment means nothing when helping you to figure out if they are a scammer or not, so ignore it. Read this on how to spot scams:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths