🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job Success Rating
Page options
r_skane
Community Member

Job Success Rating

Hello all.

Got my first feedback - 5 stars! 

Most of the jobs I have applied for ask for at least 90% job rating and when I applied, a little red exclamation point shows up next to this request because I didn't have a rating yet. But now that I have my first rating, that red exclamation is still showing. I have a feeling that more people would look at my proposal with my new rating showing.

I read that the job success score on the top of one's profile takes a while to update. I am assuming this is true for it registering on proposals?

I've already sent out quite a few proposals. At first, a bit willy nilly because I was new and didn't know what I was doing. I learn by diving in. Now that I know you can get suspended for not converting enough, I'm nervous to send out more proposals without that rating boost.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rebecca

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rebecca,

You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.
To learn more about Job Success Score check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rebecca,

You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.
To learn more about Job Success Score check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. I did a Google search but found different forum posts rather than this article. Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths