🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job expiry date
Page options
aaef8b8f
Community Member

Job expiry date

Dear all, 

I have received an offer from the client and it expires on a certain date. 

If you don't take any action, the offer will automatically expire on Dec 9, 2021.

Does it mean that it expires at the beginning of the day or at the end of it?

Will I be able to send anything during the day tomorrow?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Piotr,

That depends on when the offer was sent. Offers expire automatically 7 days after creation. For example: if the client sent this offer to you at 7am UTC, it will expire at 7am UTC seven days later.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Piotr A wrote:

It sounds like you might be confused about the offer expiry date vs. the project deadline? The offer expiry date means that you need to either accept or decline the offer by 9 December - you don't need to send any work by that time (and in fact, you shouldn't start working until after you accept the offer). The date that the project is due to be completed is something that you'll need to discuss with the client.

If you want to do the work, it's best to accept as soon as possible, or the client might withdraw the offer and choose another freelancer. 

Christine A wrote:

Piotr A wrote:

It sounds like you might be confused about the offer expiry date vs. the project deadline? The offer expiry date means that you need to either accept or decline the offer by 9 December - you don't need to send any work by that time (and in fact, you shouldn't start working until after you accept the offer). The date that the project is due to be completed is something that you'll need to discuss with the client.

If you want to do the work, it's best to accept as soon as possible, or the client might withdraw the offer and choose another freelancer. 

Offers can have expiry dates, but I'm puzzled by OPs profile - he's rising talent, but has no hourly rate, which I think would make it impossible to be accepted. Confusing. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Piotr,

That depends on when the offer was sent. Offers expire automatically 7 days after creation. For example: if the client sent this offer to you at 7am UTC, it will expire at 7am UTC seven days later.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello everynone,

thank you for your help.

Eveything is clear now. 

Much appreciated!

Piotr

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths