🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job that was in Violation
Page options
74e26168
Community Member

Job that was in Violation

Hey everyone, I recently took a job where I was given a $3,000 check from the employer through Upwork and she wanted me to then send the $3,000 to a vendor so I could then receive equipment to do the job.  I sent $500 to this vendor and the same day I think this job got flagged and removed from upwork.  I still have $2,500 from this person waiting, it's pending in my bank account until tomorrow.  What do I do about moving forward with this money and this job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Sophie for your help. I see that the $3,000 was deposited into my account today. And what do you mean by I should have the material I need to offer my services?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sofia2008
Community Member

Sorry to say it, but you were scammed. That $3,000 does not exist and the transaction will be cancelled, and the $500 you sent with real money is lost. A real client will never ask you to cash a check. You should also have the material you need to offer your services.

Please read the top article of this post and follow every link to stay safe on the platform. To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

Thanks Sophie for your help. I see that the $3,000 was deposited into my account today. And what do you mean by I should have the material I need to offer my services?

Yes

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths