🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Leaving after first client
Page options
recklesscole
Community Member

Leaving after first client

I now know why so many professional freelancers say don't use Upwork. I don't know who told them holding people's money for 5 days and taking 3 calendar days to verify a payment method was a good idea. It completely defeats the whole purpose of getting paid on the Internet. Literally bank transfers are quicker than that. It was fun, I got my first client within a day of trying but this payment process is unbearable. I'd rather pitch a client on Upwork and then use a completely different escrow service to secure payment. I've tried to add my payment method 3 times, now it shows again, but I have to wait another 3 days. The client released payment on May 5th. Yeah I'm completely done with this platform.

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Cole,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear how you feel about the security period for activating your payment method and releasing your earnings. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding the same concern and one of our team members has already clarified the reason for this process. You can access your support tickets here.

As a freelancer on Upwork, you are expected to comply with the terms of service (TOS) that you agreed to when you joined the platform. One of the key terms is that you must use Upwork's payment system for all work done through Upwork. This means that you cannot ask for or accept direct payments from clients found on Upwork. Doing so is a serious breach of the TOS and could result in severe consequences for your account, including suspension or termination.

Please don't hesitate to follow up on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
6aff7243
Community Member

Thank you, Cole, for posting this issue on the forum site.
 I have not seen any numbers regarding the retention rates of contractors.
Is this available anywhere online?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths