🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Looking for Advice from Community to Improve.
Page options
qainanidris
Community Member

Looking for Advice from Community to Improve.

Dear Members,

While applying the job my connects finish quickly and still not getting any job. I have few questions for that I am looking for reply from community members.

1. Does it worthfull to buy connect or do I wait for the open proposal?

2. How much avarage time does it take to get the job? as a Word Press/PHP expert I am trying to get job in competitive area.

3. How much time do I need to spend on upwork?

4. In searched articles recommendation is to modify your profile. How can I do that becaus what I know I already mention on profile.

Thank you very much in advance and Looking forward for an expert review.

Regards,
Qainan Idris.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Qainan I wrote:

Dear Martina P,

I am glad to see your post, and thank you very much for your reply. I am trying my best till to date I have submitted 33 proposal in last 5 days but still no reply from anyone. 

Let hope for the best and small request from you if you can review my profile and let me know I am mising anything or seem inappropriate.

Thank you very much once again.

Regards,
Qainan Idris

You need many more prior work examples in your portfolio. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Qainan I wrote:

Dear Members,

While applying the job my connects finish quickly and still not getting any job. I have few questions for that I am looking for reply from community members.

1. Does it worthfull to buy connect or do I wait for the open proposal?

2. How much avarage time does it take to get the job? as a Word Press/PHP expert I am trying to get job in competitive area.

3. How much time do I need to spend on upwork?

4. In searched articles recommendation is to modify your profile. How can I do that becaus what I know I already mention on profile.

Thank you very much in advance and Looking forward for an expert review.

Regards,
Qainan Idris.

1. You will not receive invitations until you have a good work history on upwork.

2. It varies widely, I don't know the average. Since many never find a job, it can't even be calculated.

3. Hard to say, see no 2.

4. Research your competition and find inspiration. Look at it from a client's perspective. 

Dear Martina P,

I am glad to see your post, and thank you very much for your reply. I am trying my best till to date I have submitted 33 proposal in last 5 days but still no reply from anyone. 

Let hope for the best and small request from you if you can review my profile and let me know I am mising anything or seem inappropriate.

Regards,
Qainan Idris

Qainan I wrote:

Dear Martina P,

Regards,
Qainan Idris

You need many more prior work examples in your portfolio. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths