🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Lost almost all of my connects to scammers :(
Page options
985621de
Community Member

Lost almost all of my connects to scammers :(

Hi there. I'm still relatively new and trying to find that first gig so any helpful advice is welcome. In the last few days I proposed to many transcription jobs as that's a domain in which I have a lot of experience from external sites, however all the employers that responded were people asking me to contact someone on telegram and after doing so, each and every one of them sent me a pdf stating that they need a "security fee". I know that communications should be done on the site here, not external messaging systems and employees shouldn't pay the employer. I flagged most of them but the damage was already done. Will I get my connects back once they are discovered as scammers? How does this work?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, if the jobs are removed, you will get them back. Not sure how long that takes though. What's a drag about that is that until that happens, you have to buy more if you keep wanting to find work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, if the jobs are removed, you will get them back. Not sure how long that takes though. What's a drag about that is that until that happens, you have to buy more if you keep wanting to find work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths