🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Manual Time Tracking
Page options
sheownsthesky
Community Member

Manual Time Tracking

Hello,

So I have finally added my time manually, my question is, whats the next step?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Nothing more to do.  Client will have next week to review and your payment will be available on the following Wednesday.  Note - manual time payment is not guaranteed, only tracked time is.  So, in the future, I would suggest using the automatic tracking feature, including memos as to the work you are doing, and you will be much safer.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Nothing more to do.  Client will have next week to review and your payment will be available on the following Wednesday.  Note - manual time payment is not guaranteed, only tracked time is.  So, in the future, I would suggest using the automatic tracking feature, including memos as to the work you are doing, and you will be much safer.

Thank you so much, I have one additional question. So I checky the status of my pay last week is currently under "In Review", what does that mean? Thanks in advance!

Hi Carolyn,

The 'In Review' section represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks so much, what happens if my client forgot to review it? Will I automatically get paid?

Yes.

Thank you so much 🙂

Carolyn, in my experience, most clients never review the work diary. They do nothing, and I get paid automatically.

That happens whether the work is manually logged time or logged by the time-tracker.

This is actually really great that we get paid automatically. It is normal for freelancers coming from other systems or having worked in face-to-face freelance arrangements to think that clients must "do something" or "approve work." But that is not the case here.

Thanks for enlightening me. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths