🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Messages
Page options
c0ef2ca0
Community Member

My previous client wants to set up content on Upwork, and the client wants to sign a new contract with me on Upwork. He wants to know my price for editing and translation to set a price for the job. Is it permissible to agree on the price before posting a job or sending an invitation to an interview? I'm worried because I received the notification "A contract just ended. If you’d work with the client again, learn how we protect you by keeping all transactions and pre-contract communications on Upwork." on the top of my home page.
Best regards
Emina

Emina Begeta
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Emina,

Based on what you're describing, I'm assuming this is a client you've worked with in the past, and you're communicating through Messages on Upwork. Yes, you can agree on the details of the project before starting a new contract.

I want to clarify that the message you received is just a reminder of our Circumvention policies and how we help protect you by keeping all transactions and pre-contract communications on Upwork. You can check this link, which is the same one on the notification you received, for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Emina,

Based on what you're describing, I'm assuming this is a client you've worked with in the past, and you're communicating through Messages on Upwork. Yes, you can agree on the details of the project before starting a new contract.

I want to clarify that the message you received is just a reminder of our Circumvention policies and how we help protect you by keeping all transactions and pre-contract communications on Upwork. You can check this link, which is the same one on the notification you received, for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c0ef2ca0
Community Member

Thank you very much Luiggi.

Emina Begeta
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths