🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My introduction
Page options
Community Member

My introduction

Hi everyone 

My name is Nuno and I'm new here. I have already used up most of my connects but have yet to be given work. I hope it won't be long before I do.

Anyway I'm hoping to have a pleasant time with you guys and if you have any questions on South Africa fire away.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Nuno,

Welcome to Upwork Community! The Upwork Community is a place where you can ask and answer questions, search topics, learn, socialize, network, and get updates about Upwork.

The Community is also where members can share input on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have any ideas on how we can improve their experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share that feedback.

Let’s also get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

As for the Connects, there are ways how you can earn them. While we can’t share all the details of when Connects are given out (we don’t want dishonest people to “game” the system), here’s what we can share:
  • You’ll receive 40 free Connects when you register for Upwork for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Nuno,

Welcome to Upwork Community! The Upwork Community is a place where you can ask and answer questions, search topics, learn, socialize, network, and get updates about Upwork.

The Community is also where members can share input on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have any ideas on how we can improve their experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share that feedback.

Let’s also get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

As for the Connects, there are ways how you can earn them. While we can’t share all the details of when Connects are given out (we don’t want dishonest people to “game” the system), here’s what we can share:
  • You’ll receive 40 free Connects when you register for Upwork for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork
df602768
Community Member

Hi Nuno,

Finding work on Upwork isn't as easy as it may sound. It's quite challenging actually. So, stay positive and keep at it! 🙂 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths