cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change not accepted

Highlighted
Jai G Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
1 of 8

Hi, I set my profile and used a preferred name not realizing I would have issues with adding the payment method. I requested the name change yesterday to my legal name but today, it got rejected without any specific reasons at all. I need help.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Imran K Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
2 of 8

Jai G wrote:

Hi, I set my profile and used a preferred name not realizing I would have issues with adding the payment method. I requested the name change yesterday to my legal name but today, it got rejected without any specific reasons at all. I need help.

Hi Jai,

For this case, you must contact the support team. Here is the direct link to contact with them: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?utm_source=ada&utm_medium=bot&utm_campaign=handoff

Hope this help.

Thanks

Highlighted
3 of 8
Thank you Imran. I’m about to contact them.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 8

Hi Jai, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you once I have more information about your name-change request. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 8
Thank you Avery. I really appreciate your concern and I look forward to my concern’s resolution.
Highlighted
6 of 8

Hi Jai, 

I'm sorry if I was unable to update you here. I can see that on the same day, you were able to get clarification on your concern. If you still want to update your name, let us know so that our team can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Lucy V Member Since: Aug 28, 2019
7 of 8
I just ran into the exact same problem. We're you able to get it resolved easily?
Highlighted
8 of 8

Hi Lucy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your name-change request.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS