🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New freelancer
Page options
gothicgirl
Community Member

New freelancer

Yesterday I applied for proofreading job, the email I got said I was to have an interview on WhatsApp,. So I sent the guy a message, then I went to the Upwork website, and it said my proposal was denied. This morning I get a message back from the man and he says that he's still hiring even though he's deleted the job but I'm beginning to think that it's a scam , he shows me a company website he asked me several questions ..nothing personal, but I have a feeling the next thing he's going to do is want to send me to Hangouts and that's usually definitely a scam. Am I not supposed to go off platform at all? I don't want to violate any terms of service.
2 REPLIES 2
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

It's a scam. His job was probably removed by Upwork.  Don't interact with this guy anymore.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Note that taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths