🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Up work
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
b3a4fd9d
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm Troy, a Finance professional and Excel enthusiast of 20 plus years in the auto industry in Michigan.

I joined Upwork to take charge of how and when I work, so I intend to study what is and isn't effective for others toward that goal.

I'm inspired by anyone who can be their own boss, so I think I stumbled onto the right site!

Hi Troy

I agree with you that Upwork is the best way to achieve this. I hope that very soon we will be our own bosses.

ftmsdq
Community Member

Hey Upworkers,

I have been a freelance content writer crafting quality blog posts for almost three years for local clients (some were international, but the work was ghostwritten and outsourced from local clients).

I am from Pakistan and am learning a lot of things via two platforms, especially:

From Upwork (my all-time go-to place when I want to get inspiration for my new blog topic from my niche) 

Another is LinkedIn (Where I often roam around to find like-minded people from my niche and learn new trends from the experience of various professionals to get knowledge about practical aspects of my niche.)

I am inspired by Neil Patel, Alex Cattoni, Khalil Ullah Khan, Brian Dean, and many more.

5facc707
Community Member

Hi all 

I'm Sheela very new to this platform 

I am admin and clerical person love to do desk jobs to increase my income 

I love writing reading 

I live in London UK 

I need you suggestion's on getting jobs 

I do some painting too 

love to be touch in the community to enhance my skills to get suitable jobs

4fef9b01
Community Member

Hello dear freelancers, I am Natnael. I am graphics designer, video editor & developer who lives in the origin of humanity Ethiopia. I am looking forward to learn how to freelance professionally. The reason that i chose to become a freelancer is to become financially developed and to get Income doing What i love todo. if there is anyone who want to help me reach my life goal, I am open for Conversation.

1ac9aa53
Community Member

Hi there I'm Krisna, a dedicated and creative video editing expert with three years of hands-on experience in the field. My passion for storytelling and visual aesthetics drives my commitment to delivering top-notch video content that captivates audiences. I'm from Bali, Indonesia.

I hope to learn to be successful in career like others member in Upwork and i can get my first client here.

I really inspired by Youtubers who success in Upwork.

Currently, I'm working as freelance real estate agent in Bali, I love to make a content about real estate for social media (TikTok, Instagram Reels, YT shorts).

Nice to meet you all 🙂

bonama
Community Member

Hello,  I am new to this site, a sports agent, a sports coach, and a certified customer care professional. I am equally a digital marketing strategist. Hope to learn more and collaborate with the Upwork community. 

116b9d7e
Community Member

I'm a graphic designer that  specializes in developing and implementing a unique and original  design that exclusively identifies organization, business in a productive ways that true to be called a brand. I'm committed in helping you create a distinctive and timeless design that distinguishes your brand. With five years of experience in the field

1b1f45a0
Community Member

Hello! My name is Gracie and I am A new Freelance writer, i also do digital marketing and my oown social media blog posts! I am 19 years old and have had an ambition since a young age to create my own business, I thought now would be a good time as i am as motivated and determined as ever to make myself successful. I am located in upstate New York and am very passionate about writing as it is an outlet for me!

I am hoping to learn from other members how to drive more traffic to my social media accounts and how to be successful in freelance writing!

I am inspired by all of the young women my age who put themselves out there and created their own successful online businesses!

b15ab400
Community Member

Hello Everyone, I am Ogonye from Nigeria. I am obviously new to Upwork but don't intend to stay "new" for so long that's why I joined this community to help expose me on how to best get jobs and become the best in my field.

I am copywriter

writer and I profread as well. Having keen eyes for details and paying attention without paying attention is one of my strongest points. 

53905bc4
Community Member

my name is Muhammad shumail.. i m denim jeans manufactured & seller... i m from Pakistan... i want learn freelancing here .... 

116b9d7e
Community Member

I'm a graphics designer that specializes in exclusively identifies organization, business in a productive ways that true to be called a brand.

2cf5825c
Community Member

I'm located in Central Ma. I haven't worked for a very long time do to something that happened that causes PTSD and social anxiety. I am really trying to get back into the work force because, hey, let's face it... everyone needs to work to survive out here. I used to be an office manager for an Electrical company and did accounts payable and recievable for UPS for about a year before I relocated to South Carolina. I know I have a LOT to do to prove my worthiness with training and trust. You gotta start somewhere. I'm not giving up yet.

a7bdb047
Community Member

Hello everyone!

This is Mary, I am from Venezuela and I work as a customer service representative, but I want to begin working as a virtual assistant; I am new in Upwork and I would like to see tips for finding a good job for me; my inspiration is my mother, she is the person I want to be like someday. 

765537df
Community Member

I

ddc6ee1d
Community Member

Hi everyone my name is rosell joy and i am excited to introduce myself as a newbie in the world of freelancing. looking for entry level positions, i hope gain experience in this field. I am confident that with my determination and knowledge. i can become a successful freelancer. 
53905bc4
Community Member

Hello I m Shumail I want to know how to get clients here

Hi Muhammad,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! The Upwork Community is where you can ask and answer questions, search for topics, learn, network with members, and get updates about Upwork.

Let’s get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
The Community is also where members can share feedback on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have ideas on how we can improve your experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share them!

We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
57e2d08d
Community Member

Hi all. I'm kanipriya here, from the southern part of India. Currently, I pursuing PhD(Marketing) at Bharathiar University. I'd love to read books and teach. I am interested in learning more about written and oral communication. I am always inspired by my beloved professors and people in the academic field, where I always feel love to be. I like to spend more quality time with my family. So my career option well suited with it. And I want to engage in academic-related activities where i can use my knowledge. Looking forward to academic related opportunity.

0c65576e
Community Member

Hello everyone !
I'm new to Upwork , and I'm excited to start working here 🙂

I would like to introduce myself as an Instructional Designer with an Energetic Engineering Thought

My name is Nada from Jordan. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Energy Engineering , I graduated at the end of 2021 (Corona Graduates). 

I work in a private university as an instructional designer , online learning officer and content designer. My work is based on developing STEM education programs in the field of energy, electrical and mechanical engineering .In addition to IT programs and social sciences.

My goal is to design effective and diverse online courses developed in different learning models that include videos, visuals, interactive activities, and realistic assessment plan.

afaff51b
Community Member

Hi, I am MAGDALINE from Spain living in UAE. I am a trained secretary and I have been off employment since 2017. This was due to going back to study, relocation and family matters. It has been difficult finding a job and when a friend introduced me to this app, I thought I could be of good service to companies and individuals one more time.

I am a good listener, pay attention to small details, fast typist, confidential and keen on meeting deadlines.  I am proficient in ms office applications.

I would love to know how to make my profile outstanding to attract job offers.

5db15397
Community Member

Hi upwork community

I am favour,am new in this community and hope to meet clients for data entry operator

5db15397
Community Member

1. Am favour Nnamdi
  2. And am new here
7324508b
Community Member

Hey all,

iam shameela,looking for the opportunity to work with a professional team.iam confident in my knowledge and application on Microsoft office system ,auto CAD,STAAD, and Iam willing to study about another software if needed.

My profession is civil engineering and doing drawings for clients.

polsharan
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sarannya Mohanan and currently based in India. My Bachelor's in Business Administration was completed in 2006, and now I am currenlty pursuing a certificate course in using AI in business growth. My area of expertise would be in administration (everything from VA to Operations ), and so I am looking for jobs online where I can offer my services to clients who require them.

From the community here, I would love to have discussions and attain knowledge from experts in the field, to know the latest tool in the kit, ways to deal with difficult clients and learn from their (expert's) experience. 

If asked who inspires me, I would say Nick Vujicic does, I am truly inspired by his resilience and positivity in the midst of his enormous physical and emotional challenges.

If he did all what he does with the limitations he has, what can be achieved if we overcome our limitations?

Looking forward to making new connections and getting to know you 

Sharan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths