🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
946 REPLIES 946
56cde7b0
Community Member

My name is Susan Kiwiro. I'm a holder of a bachelor's degree in Procurement and Supply chain management. 

I’m a proactive Customer Service Agent with 3 years of experience handling various Customer Service functions. I am from Kenya

ebb8cbd5
Community Member

Hi I am Asad Ali I am moulding machine operator and amco painter industry in Lahore Pakistan

21385e4d
Community Member

Hi everyone 👋 I am Joy and I'm new to Upwork and I am from Nigeria.  I am a content writer and a lot of people have inspired me to joining Upwork. Hilary Remy is my main inspirator. I want to learn a lot from fellow upwork members and I want to make good friends with people all around the world.

Thank you

Hi everyone, I am Janice, and I'm new to Upwork I am from the Philippines.
I am a Special Education teacher and love to read philosophy books and
motivational stories. I want to learn from my fellow group members and make
a good acquaintance with everyone.
yoseliorozco
Community Member

Hey everyone! My name is Yoselí Orozco, I'm Telecommunications Engineer working as a Customer Success Engineer remotely through Upwork for an US based startup. I'm phisically located in Chile (Yes! South America). I hope to learn new strategies to get more work or assignments and to create a network. My inspiration? Difficult question, but mostly have a better world, try to reduce the consumption, the impact of us as human in the world.

ce2c85dd
Community Member

Hi I'm Leon I'm a frontend/fullstack web developer based in the Minneapolis, Minnesota. I've been an independent consultant for over 12 years, I've worked as a frontend web developer for over 20 years and I'm looking forward to trying new things and helping out on interesting projects.

ba17cc8c
Community Member

Hello I'm Ndumiso, I'm a writer and editer of invitation cards, postsI'm currently unemployed and I'm from South Africa. I'm willing to learn skills and how to  a better writer

cce6fad2
Community Member

Hello, everyone. My name is Cesar and I'd like to start a career as a translator and a writer mainly in Spanish (my native language), English, Italian and French. What inspired me to be part of Upwork is the fact that I can find an actual way to earn income by doing something I really enjoy doing, which are "writing" and "languages", with the few resources I have available. Although, I lack of experience in every of the matter. I came here to acquire some before the AI supplants my job (that's a little joke right there). Wish me luck. See you all.

bettymwenda
Community Member

Hello y'all 

My name is Betty

I am in the administrative sector. Virtual/personal assistant.  I am also and Architecture major. I am from Kenya

I am inspired by different people, high on the list is my mom.

1d4ba33e
Community Member

Hi, my name is Mary! I am the owner of On the Road Bookkeeping, LLC, located in the beautiful state of Virginia in the United States. I am excited to have the opportunity to learn and grow from other accounting professionals and small business owners through the Upwork Community. Owning a business is challenging yet so rewarding, and I am always inspired by business owners who overcome the obstacles to achieve their goals and do good in the world. 

f25555e0
Community Member

I am new here! 
Could someone please introduce themselves to me? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could take the time to make an introduction.

Leki
2f07590a
Community Member

I am not so new to Upwork, but still have not received my first job.

I need advice, and suggestions to move up to 100%

Please have a look at 2f07590a  or is it 2fO759Oa  ?  I am not sure of the 0's and O's !

babf4c45
Community Member

Hey All,

I just joined the Upwork community and am so glad to be a member of such a nice community. Let me introduce myself

• I am from Pakistan and am a LinkedIn Ghostwriter, Copywriter, and Content Strategist helping businesses achieve online success through compelling content creation, storytelling, social media management, and website management.

• I aspire to learn how other freelancers are providing services to their clients and what their approach is. I also want to know about other skills that I am not aware of.

• I am inspired by Copywriting and I love Matt Barker's content on LinkedIn.

I am excited to learn more from others.

Congrats! Click the above Academy link to get that first Job.

Thank you, William!

Community Member

Just new here

Congrats! Click the above Academy link to learn how to land a new Job.

Thank you, William.

Hello all , As a my result oriented sales professional, with vased knowledge in organizational restructuring and agents of change. With strong advocate on good attitude to work. I am based in Nigeria,with over 14 years in sales management in FMCG, Manufacturing, forecasting and Budgeting. 

Hi lyeks, nice to meet you 😊

I'm new to Upwork and wasted my day because of George C Vitas. I had received a response to my proposal from "George C. Vitas, MFG" he did not accept my proposal, instead he sent a message with a link and says it's a third-party platform. Don't give him your email. He wants Freelancers to write fake reviews for NAV tool on Trustpilot and Google reviews and also go on Reddit and down vote on user's comments who have complained about Nav Tool. He's not going to pay anything. It's all fake. 

@https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01a35e433b417b84f3

Hello,
could you please take a look at my profile and provide me with feedback on how I can improve it?

bfc995ff
Community Member

I look forward with great joy to finding my first virtual job and gaining a lot of knowledge.

I wish you all the best

Congrats on being part of Upwork! Click the above Academy link for Job tips.

9ec7b5ed
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork. I have an expertise in academic writing, creative writing, story writing, creating presentation on Microsoft PowerPoint and video making. Help me promote my work. Thanks!

4209ea92
Community Member

Hi Upwork, I'm Margaret, market analysis and a communicator.I am from Lagos state, Nigeria.

Hope to Learn productivity and impacting the

global world positively from Upwork .

Joining Upwork will aid my interaction with public.

Hello. Nice to know you. Im Niño Ernesto, customer representative and chat support. I am from Philippines. Looking for client. I am a part timer and new member here in Upwork. 

5eab7bec
Community Member

Hello, my name is Melissa.  I'm a legal assistant with 38 years of experience recently relocated to Pharr, Texas.  I'm hoping to do freelance work and am interested in learning how to use Upwork to find job opportunities.

f29100ff
Community Member

Hello, my name is Mireya Guedez, I am new to Upwork, and my goal is to acquire new skills to grow professionally.

I would appreciate your advice, thank you

5acabc7d
Community Member

Hi, I'm Brazilian, new to Upwork, and my area of expertise is customer support, translations, voice-overs, and data entry. I am very excited to participate in this forum, to further develop my skills, and to meet new freelancers and clients!

My passion that drives me is to help and make people's lives easier!

b07be543
Community Member

Here to work, passionate about all I do

That's good to hear. Get your profile optimized and a good proposal then you're good to go.

Hi Im Niño Ernesto. New to upwork, Customer service representative email/chat support. And im looking for a job.

d0a18324
Community Member

all  project hendal and process program

Great you are here! Click the above Academy for the best tips to land Jobs.

e069c7c6
Community Member

Hello, I recently applied for UpWork and I don't see any confirmation email saying my application is accepted or rejected after 3 days of waiting, I just got this notification. But nothing on my email. Any help? Thabks

Congrats on joining Upwork! Your Profile is now online.

bd2bee2c
Community Member

Nice to meet you

I am located in Seoul South Korea and I am Currently Doing Professional Translation Work. I have working experience as an English teacher here in Korea, so I can do Tutoring for Korean Language as well considering I'm Bilingual 🙂 

I've done several topics on Translating but hope to learn more on the fields I haven't done before, and to be more professional on the job!

I'm inspired whenever I watch higly professional translator, especially movie translator. Hoping to be one someday! 

41de47e9
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Sujun Kumar. I am a Professional Organic SEO Consultant. I live in Bangladesh.
I wanna face any problems that would be very helpful for me.
I feel proud that I am a successful Upwork freelancer. And from here I am very inspired.

Thank you Upwork Community.

47e5e9ce
Community Member

I'm kayode from Nigeria, I'm into Copy writing and with 5years experience and I wish to work and give in my best experience.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths