🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,849 REPLIES 1,849
cdfc8500
Community Member

Hi

998419c4
Community Member

Hello I am new frelencer

455f0d21
Community Member

Hi 

Md akash khan
ff50a72e
Community Member

Hi  SEERAT HERE FROM PAKISTAN

5eade317
Community Member

Hi All; My name is Aileen and I work in the field of Online Teaching, located in La Union, Philippines. I specialize in online teaching, translation, voice-over editing, advertising, and podcast production.  I am also open to sharing ideas and potentially finding job opportunities through interacting with other members on this forum. I believe that collaboration and exchanging knowledge with others can help us grow both professionally and personally. So, I'm hoping to learn from the experiences and expertise of other members and contribute to the community by sharing my own ideas and knowledge. I find inspiration in my desire to be successful, but also from the people in my life who support and motivate me. My family, friends, and mentors have all played a role in shaping my goals and encouraging me to pursue my passions. In particular, I'm inspired by those who have overcome challenges and achieved great things through hard work and determination. It reminds me that anything is possible with the right mindset and effort.

6b6dd99a
Community Member

Hello, I'm Onyinye Okonkwo. I am a rockstar Executive Virtual Assistant. I look forward to connecting with great people of like minds.

b70947a3
Community Member

Hello guys.

I'm Agnes and I'm  new to the Upwork programme and I would appreciate your support.

69e4b57e
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I am yenew from Ethiopia.

I am a website designer and developer using HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP and also I am a good programmer in java, java fx, java swing ans AWT and other programming language.

I am very happy to be here.

2b8cc28d
Community Member

Hi, my name is Patricio and I´m from Buenos AIres, Argentina.
Several years of working in all kinds of video production (weddings, corporative, social media, etc.), as much as a videographer as an editor.

Full HD & 4K Workstation (Adobe Premiere, Da Vinci Resolve, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop).

Practicing my basic English right now. Hoping to connect with other videographers/editors to enrich my knowledge & skills. Also share with others if requested. Regards!

d637245a
Community Member

Good day to all. I'm Danica Jean Leganad Gamao, new here at Upwork.  Located in Philippines. My inspiration is my family and to become successful. Learn new things that can enhance my skills and knowledge in different aspects. 

2899e107
Community Member

My name is Shehla Gull, and I'm excited to join the Upwork Community! I work as a lead generator in the field of Lead genration. It's a fascinating and dynamic field, and I'm eager to connect with fellow professionals who share similar interests and experiences.

I'm located in Pakistan, and I'm thrilled to be a part of this community that brings together diverse talents from around the globe. Networking and learning from others is crucial in the lead generation industry, so I'm hoping to engage with members who can share their insights, strategies, and best practices.

I'm particularly interested in learning more about effective lead generation techniques, how to optimize lead conversion rates, and the latest tools and technologies used in the industry. It would be wonderful to connect with experts who have successfully generated high-quality leads and to exchange ideas on improving lead generation processes.

In terms of inspiration, I'm motivated by professionals who have achieved remarkable success in lead generation, such as [Inspirational Lead Generator]. Their ability to consistently identify and attract valuable leads is truly inspiring, and I aspire to learn from their expertise and apply their strategies in my own work.

I'm looking forward to connecting with all of you, sharing insights, and contributing to the success of the Upwork Community. Let's collaborate, learn, and excel together!

Best regards, Shehla Gull

alinadeemalkhan
Community Member

Hey, I am Ali from Pakistan. I have just started my journey on Upwork to provide services related to Digital Marketing and SEO to Local Businesses or E-commerce stores for ranking their website on the top of Google to get more sales or leads.

0648def8
Community Member

Allow me to introduce myself,

I am Abbas Huzefa Motiwala, a young data enthusiast from Karachi, Pakistan. I have a strong foundation in data analysis and a deep passion for problem-solving. My journey started at the renowned Arabic Institute, Aljamea-tus-Saifiyah, where I honed my skills in Data Science, particularly mastering Microsoft Excel.
Motivated by my growing interest, I pursued further education in computer sciences, enrolling in various courses and immersing myself in the field of ICT. Currently, I am a student at the University of London, where I am continually expanding my knowledge and skills in Data Science. I take great pleasure in helping others and am particularly keen on solving data-related issues.

2879e5e2
Community Member

Greetings!

I'm Ghislin, and I'm new to the platform, so it's great to be part of the wider community.

My two specialities are data analysis (Data modelling, Forecasting & Budgeting, Searching for target values with scenarios, Conditional Formatting,Random Data Generation, Process Modelling...), and Web Designing.

MS Office is my secret garden, with a special love relationship for Excel, Word, Powerpoint Access and Visio.

As I'm new to freelancing, I'd love to hear from you very soon, because I' still looking for my first job !

I should warn you that my brain always feels empty, so it's very greedy, but also very good at sharing!

Don't hesitate to visit my profile and give me some valuable feedbacks.

Regards,

Ghislin MBARGA

e501ebac
Community Member

Hello Upwork! 

My name is Jen. I work from home in San Francisco, and I'm a longtime writer, editor, and beta reader. 

I have ten years' corporate proofreading experience, as well as a writing career. 

What I really need to know right now is the very basics of Upwork; I've taken tons of the tutorials and done my share of forum reading, but when it comes right down to it, only today have I figured out how to submit a proposal! 

I have never had someone get back to me and I have never arranged a conversation with a potential client. Do they arrange that or do I? 

Also, do freelancers send their own contracts even for very small, short jobs? 

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

- Jen, San Francisco

29ff2f7f
Community Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Greg Henderson and I am a business and culture coach in the greater Memphis, TN area.

I am hoping to learn from other members of the community and how we can partner together to make sure all of our clients have the best combined experience possbile.

Servant leadership or transformational leadership inspires me.

Thanks.

Glad to be here and can't wait to get started.

v/r,

Greg

katcity7722
Community Member

Hello everyone! 🧡

1. I am in customer service/tech field and I live in Kansas City!

2. I'm looking forward to learning how everything works so I can start getting jobs and be able to navigate and be successful.

3. Music and my family inspire me 

Kat
abfc76e9
Community Member

Hi,I am Delight and new to Upwork. I am much interested in doing something productive with my time. I enjoy typing.

37b40b74
Community Member

Hi all, 

I am Sahadev adhikari from Bangladesh. I am a professional Data entry clerk and have vast knowledge in copy Paste, lead generation, file conversation,data collection, data mining, web scraping and all kind of fromula in excel and word.

Community Member

Hi my name is Yuni,

1. My field is customer services and BPO call centre. I am from Jakarta, Indonesia

2. I hope i can get info or updates how we can get clients in upwork

3. My inspiration is BTS, Michael Jackson

wellcome

MaaDII
8a3bbc11
Community Member

Hallo 

Am Murage Paul Mwangi

From Kenya

A nursing student 

7d168228
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to be a part of the Upwork Community and introduce myself to all of you. My name is Muhammad Musharib, and I'm excited to connect with fellow professionals here.

I work in the field of 2d animation, currently, I'm located in Pakistan, and I'm eager to engage with other professionals from around the world.

As a new member, I'm hoping to learn a great deal from the diverse community of Upwork. Specifically, I'm interested in gaining insights into best practices in 2d animation and staying updated on the latest industry trends. I believe that learning from the experiences of others can help me further develop my skills and achieve greater success on the platform.

When it comes to inspiration, there are a few things and people that fuel my passion. Firstly, I find inspiration in the ever-evolving nature of my field. The constant innovation and the opportunity to solve unique challenges excite me and push me to grow. Additionally, I draw inspiration from influential figures in my industry who have made significant contributions and achieved remarkable success. Their dedication, expertise, and ability to make a positive impact serve as a driving force for me to continuously strive for excellence.

I look forward to connecting with all of you, sharing insights, and engaging in meaningful discussions within the Upwork Community. Together, we can support each other's professional growth and achieve even greater success on this platform.

Best regards,

Muhammad Musharib

wellcome

MaaDII
hammadhasan24
Community Member

i am HAmmad hasan

MaaDII
hammadhasan24
Community Member

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?
MaaDII
9672d339
Community Member

hello I am sidra shaheen

1. I am working as an academic and content writer and I am from Pakistan
  2. I am learning from other members how to be a successful freelancer
  3. I was inspired by other people who work from home

wellcome you join a academic online .i send your some details

MaaDII
b2090554
Community Member

Hi, I'm Jennifer Okoye from Nigeria, I am a content writer and a translator and I'm open to learning and trying new ideas

f6a8279a
Community Member

I am a chinese,come from china .I am a sudent in a senior high school.I want to find a job to make money to feed my family.FAKER and UZI inspires me a lot

9f93f75a
Community Member

Hi everyone! I'm a passionate Data Analyst having knowledge of Power BI, Microsoft Fabrics & Looker studio with 4+ years of experience. I specialize in creating dynamic reports and dashboards that enable data-driven decision making. Currently, I am located in India and have been serving clients globally, helping them unlock the power of their data through compelling visualizations.
I believe in the power of collaboration and continuous learning. By joining the Upwork community, I hope to connect with talented professionals from diverse backgrounds and learn from their experiences. I am eager to explore new techniques and best practices in the field of data visualization, business intelligence, and data analysis. I'm particularly interested in hearing about innovative approaches to tackling complex data challenges and staying updated on the latest trends and advancements in the industry.
I draw inspiration from various sources, but one constant source of inspiration for me is the incredible impact that data can have on businesses and organizations. Seeing how data-driven insights can drive strategic decision making and transform operations inspires me to continuously push the boundaries of what is possible. Additionally, I'm inspired by thought leaders and experts in the field of data analytics and visualization, such as Edward Tufte and Hans Rosling, who have revolutionized the way we understand and communicate data.

I'm excited to be a part of the Upwork community and look forward to engaging with fellow professionals, sharing knowledge, and collaborating on exciting projects. Feel free to connect with me if you have any questions, need assistance, or want to explore potential opportunities.

e965492e
Community Member

• What field do you work in, and where are you located? I work in the field of business and marketing. Previously, I was in the medical profession. I'm located in Oregon, US.
  • What are you hoping to learn from other members? I love to learn and I'm excited to grow and develop my skills on this platform. I would love to learn from other members how to navigate Upwork efficiently and effectively.
  • What (or who) inspires you?Im always inspired by my children and my passion for learning.
a95a8add
Community Member

Please welcome 😘

6f94f59d
Community Member

Hello all,

My name is Michael Ouellette, and I'm from Bemidji, Minnesota. I currently work as a home health aide taking care of a family member with health issues, but I've been a teacher, firefighter, security guard, construction worker, and a long list of other things. I'm hoping to learn how to make some extra money with my writing; I also have written a non-fiction book that I'm currently trying to get published. I try to take inspiration and lessons from everyone, and from the whole journey of life.

9672d339
Community Member

hi i am sidra shahaeen i am workig as academic  and content writing i need help that how should i improve my profile and how to get orders.

fff1686a
Community Member

I have been hearing many successful stories about freelancing, but how did these guys make it to such a great height in freelancing?

My name is Anthony James Anthony from Nigeria. I am new to Upwork.

I am a skilled SEO content creator. That is: I create well-optimized web content for Search Engine Optimization purposes.

I am here to gain experience in serving people from around the world with my skills.

Serving deligently and giving the best result is my greatest delight.

Thank you for having me!

As an SEO content creator, your skills are in high demand as businesses and websites seek to improve their online visibility and attract more organic traffic. Optimized web content plays a crucial role in achieving these goals.

b76c206b
Community Member

Hello, my name is Doaa, and I am glad that I joined you. I hope to get a good job and earn money, because I need money in order to complete my studies at the university. I need installments and I do not have money

86a9f3fe
Community Member

I am a journalist and I live in Virginia. I want to learn Collaboration and networking: Collaborating with other writers on projects, such as co-authoring a book or participating in writing groups, can enhance your creativity and problem-solving skills. Networking with writers and industry professionals can open doors to potential collaborations, mentorship opportunities, or exposure to new audiences. The person that inspires me is my parents.

a0094b33
Community Member

hello my name is kelvin jones from brecon u/k ive just started writing looking for my first job any tips or advice wouid be fuiiy appreciated,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths