🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,849 REPLIES 1,849
955a13a3
Community Member

I have no experience in working specifically related to being Virtual Assistant but I think being actively engaged on social media is a big help because somehow, I have experience in managing my personal social media accounts. I am a determined student who is now eager to explore my personal and professional growth, I really want to develop my skills that will contribute not only to my success but to team success. To be honest I am not so excellent in communicating in English but I am good at using digital tools that will help me to accomplish my tasks, I can say that high typing speed and copy pasting is one of my best skills as of now that I have no experience. I am confident headstrong on embracing new challenges and a dedication to delivering a quality of work while earning, no matter how much I earn as long as a little income that will help me to my financial.

2e83c1f3
Community Member

Hola, mucho gusto mi nombre es Jessika, soy latina de México, con experiencia en el Ramo Administrativo. Me gustaría aprender experiencias reales de todos ustedes para saber qué hacer y que no hacer en esta plataforma virtual de trabajo, esta es una experiencia nueva en mi vida que me inspiro el saber que puedo encontrar un trabajo donde me pueda sentir más satisfecha y claro con una razón y motivación que es mi familia. Un gusto coincidir por aquí.

7b86aa6f
Community Member

My name is Julius, from the Philippines, and I am excited to introduce myself here in Upwork platform, with a keen interest in data entry work, I am reaching out to express my enthusiasm and eagerness to find suitable job opportunities in this field, although my professional background lies in the manufacturing industry, particularly in Quality Management, I am eager to leverage my skills and embrace the challenges of a data entry role. I kindly request your guidance on how to navigate the platform effectively, as well as any tips or suggestions that would help me stand out to potential clients seeking data entry services. Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to exploring the data entry job opportunities available on Upwork and contributing my skills and dedication to the success of projects.

efa4e609
Community Member

hi my name is Tahir Khan i live in pakistan i am new here i am working in pakistan as a accountant.

468baa48
Community Member

Hi, everyone! My name in Agatha and I currently live in North Western Romania where I relocated after 11 years spent mostly in Southern Italy, 7, and in the UK, 4. I have more than 20 years of work experience in all of these countries, mostly in administrative assistance, HORECA and customer support. Since my return to the homeland I have been working on a project that is very dear to me, a hazelnut farm on 10 ha of land that is now in its first year, but this is a longterm project and  it will take 3 more years for it to produce income. So here I am looking for ways to make a living. I would very much like to use my voice, as I also sing in a band, so I landed in this place while I was searching for narrator jobs. I am fluent in Romanian, Hungarian, English and Italian, I speak French at a conversational level, all of these with native accent. I love camping in the wilderness in our camper van with our 2 dogs, motorcycle rides, music, movies and reading. Nice to meet you all!

0ba8351c
Community Member

Hello Tusar,

I looked over your profile and everything looks good. The first sentence in your overview/summary is exactly the thing to say to let clients now how you can help them. The only suggestion I have for your summary is to move the paragraph about work deliverables to the top and move the client satisfaction paragraph towards the bottom. The reason for this is because the work deliverables paragraph provides clients good information, and you want them to read it early in your summary. Clients often don't read entire summaries, so it's best to put good information up top. Like this:

hi i join first time this site now i want some work 

christiandalluay
Community Member

Newbie wanted to try to start freelancing

Hello, Christian. Have you narrowed it down to the type of freelancing you want to do?

d540fa41
Community Member

Hi!
My name is 'Lade and I am a Customer Experience professional in Lagos, Nigeria. I am particular on Issue Resolution as I act as an advocate for customers in an organization.
I am hoping to learn more on Issue Resolution from other members and to also get tips on problem solving skills.

I am inspired by my customers/clients as their satisfaction is my driving force.

c55db899
Community Member

My name is Dansan Njeru Gitari from Kenya.I wish to introduce myself to the Upwork Community.I joined the the Community very recently, and I'm happy to be a member.My Skills are:(1) English language,(2) Paraphrasing and Writing(3) and Attention to Details.

c55db899
Community Member

My name is Dansan Njeru Gitari from Kenya.I wish to introduce myself to the Upwork Community.I joined the Community very recently, and I'm very happy to be a member.My Skills are:(1) English language,(2) Paraphrasing and Writing,and Attention to Details.I'm experienced in Article Writing.

I love writing.It is the joy of my heart and the Sunshine of my Life,and it is my hope to learn more about it,from other Members.

What makes me so excited in the Upwork Community,is the Information we get about the working tools,such as chatGPT and AI and many others.It is also a great way to make friends from different Countries in the World,engage more experience and find jops that are fitting to one's experience and Passion.

alexbes12
Community Member

Hi!
My name is Alex. I work as an interior designer in my Interior Design Company  - my project Genesis.

Also create VR Tours  of high complexity - Hothome Virtual Tours.

Recently got 2 orders. Honestly, these are the first experience with real clients.

I really like all connected to 3d design and want to create stunning projects for Europe and the USA.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

f49b2880
Community Member

Hi All

I am a Financial Manager from Cape Town, South Africa.  I am experienced in Bookkeeping, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting. Accounting packages I use are; Quickbooks, Pastel, Evolution, Xero, Accpac and Zoho and will quickly familiarise myself with any other package. I also do payroll and any VAT & PAYE submissions.

Please send me any accounting and payroll services.

Regards

Gava Arendse

matiivill
Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm Matias, a professional multimedia designer from Argentina. As a digital nomad, I have the privilege of traveling around the globe while pursuing my passion for creating captivating social media assets. Alongside that, I find great joy in producing videos, editing footage, and breathing life into designs through mesmerizing motion graphics.

With my background as a Producer, Operations Manager, and Brand Manager, I have cultivated a curious and highly organized nature that deeply influences my work. I am driven by the opportunity to meet and collaborate with other talented individuals, sharing our experiences and insights in the world of freelancing.

When it comes to inspiration, besides the unwavering support of my family, what truly fuels my enthusiasm is the ability to help people and brands transform their visions into reality. Bringing their ideas and fantasies to life is a powerful motivation that keeps me passionate about what I do.

I am excited to embark on a creative journey with like-minded individuals, pushing the boundaries of multimedia design and creating impactful experiences. Let's connect, collaborate, and turn dreams into tangible creations together!

2b69f727
Community Member

Hi!

I am Ahtesham tayyab, an architect and interior Designer from Pakistan. I have found this platform very helpful and interesting to learn and grow. This niche is a world's need today and has potential to help you take your buisness to new heights. 

I am very thank ful to this comunity for helping others

3d1b6981
Community Member

Hello I am Mirza Rayyan Baig

aa003373
Community Member

Hello, my name is Richard and I am new to Upwork. My professional experience is in Construction Management in the U.S. I hope to secure work from this site as well as make client and professional connections. I would greatly appreciate any tips or recommendations on how to use Upwork to its fullest potential. 

wordpress_dr01
Community Member

Hi community, I am Fortune Ossai from Nigeria :nigeria: Wordpress Designer 

58e24f92
Community Member

Good day. l am happy for join and myself l am new in this upwork, l join the freelance to be more expert on copywriter and editing . i have vast industrial expereince in Projects. Let me know where i can support

e84b3aa4
Community Member

Heyy all !!

I am Bhargavi. From India. I am new to Upwork Community.

456f2faa
Community Member

:glowing_star: Introducing Muhammad Saqlain: Your Expert Web and App Developer! :glowing_star:

Calling all Upwork community members in search of a talented developer! Look no further, as Muhammad Saqlain is here to take your eCommerce aspirations to new heights.

By day, Muhammad is a dedicated web developer with a knack for crafting visually stunning and user-friendly eCommerce websites that are proven to drive sales and boost conversions. With his expertise in platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce, Muhammad possesses the skills necessary to elevate your online store and create a captivating shopping experience for your customers.

But that's not all—by night, Muhammad transforms into an eCommerce ninja, leveraging his proficiency in the MERN stack, Flutter, Shopify, and WordPress to develop exceptional mobile applications. Whether you require a mobile solution to complement your website or a standalone app, Muhammad possesses the knowledge and experience to deliver outstanding results.

When you collaborate with Muhammad Saqlain, expect nothing less than professionalism, effective communication, and a commitment to achieving your project goals. His in-depth understanding of the MERN stack, Flutter, Shopify, and WordPress ensures a flawless execution of your project, transforming your vision into reality.

Ready to embark on an exciting journey of transforming your online presence? Don't miss the opportunity to work with Muhammad Saqlain! Connect with him today and let his web and app development expertise propel your eCommerce success. Together, we can make your eCommerce dreams come true! 💪:rocket:

here is profile link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eab73ada432e32d4

da784dc6
Community Member

I am Sreekanth K appukuttan . I am Professionally qualified and experienced Mechanical Engineer with 6+ years of experience in the design & construction of HVAC Systems and associated control systems in India. I associated with various commerical and residential projects. I am good with designing HVAC ducts & pipe routings. I can handle VRF/VRV drawings and estimations.  some of my works are attached here. 

dae1c714
Community Member

Hi I am new as a freelancer.I have worked for a reputed company on contract basis. I have more than seven years experience as a data entry operator. But as a freelancer I am new and not getting any project. please guide me.

few tips

1. make sure your profile is 100% complete

2. Portfolio added

3. learn to find and filter the most relevant job ( applying for a random job is no more worthy )

4. make sure you are applying within 24 hours of the posted job

5. keep available feature active

(Above all be patient and keep bidding)

4981e89a
Community Member

Hello forum of Upwork, I'm newbie and so great if I found the first job.
I graduated and entered the workforce like many others. That's probably a typical introduction, haha 😄 
But for me, It's different. I have taken on various roles and positions, although I havent had the opportunity to travel around the world. However, I have learned how things work through my experiences. Exploring different regions within Viet Nam has been my way of life, and I am confident in introducing and planning a trip to Viet Nam for you.

I am extremely excited to embrak on independent work on the Upwork platform; it truly is an amazing. It would be a muatually beneficial partnership.

Help me, and you will receive more in return. 

456f2faa
Community Member

:magnifying_glass_tilted_left: Seeking Advice from Fellow Freelancers: Struggling to Land Projects on Upwork? 🤔

Greetings, fellow freelancers! I'm reaching out to the community for some guidance and insights as I find myself facing challenges in securing projects on Upwork. Despite regularly bidding on opportunities, I'm having difficulty landing projects, and I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have.

I specialize in WordPress and Shopify website development, with additional expertise in MERN stack and Flutter for both website and app development. My goal is to leverage these skills and secure rewarding projects that align with my expertise.

To provide some context and allow for better feedback, I would like to share my Upwork profile: [insert profile link here]. I believe that taking a closer look at my profile can offer valuable insights into how I can improve and attract potential clients.

If you've faced similar challenges in the past or have valuable insights into successfully landing projects on Upwork, I would be grateful for your guidance. Are there any specific strategies, approaches, or tweaks to my profile that you recommend? Have you found success in alternative platforms or marketing techniques that could be beneficial?

As freelancers, we understand the value of community support, and I firmly believe that together we can overcome obstacles and thrive in our freelance careers. Your input and expertise can make a significant difference, and I'm eager to implement suggestions to enhance my chances of securing projects on Upwork.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, recommendations, or success stories in the comments below or reach out to me directly through my Upwork profile. I sincerely appreciate your time and support in helping me take my freelance journey to new heights!

Thank you all in advance for your invaluable assistance. Let's collaborate, learn from each other, and achieve freelance success together! 💪:rocket:

here is profile link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eab73ada432e32d4

adf3b384
Community Member

Recently created an a/c on upwork & exploring how to use & get projects in recruitment, employer branding areas.

Appreciate if you could review and advise of any changes, informations that needs to be added to get more leads. Thank you in advance. Profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f161e6116418f4a4

191a2fc5
Community Member

Hi, I am a freshly trained proofreader in the US (Ohio), looking for my first paid assignment.  I also offer courtesy beta reads. What I am hoping to learn from the others here is some time-saving tips and support. For the question of who or what inspires me? In this venue, it would be young and new readers and writers. Also, the way experienced writers share their tales.

Jeanette B
6c8d5df8
Community Member

I'm a UI UX Designer, I'm based in Nigeria.

I'm Hoping to learn and share new ideas and and getting jobs opportunities and here updates by interacting with others members?

What actually Inspires me, God, My Family, MY Freinds and Team Members.

250624ae
Community Member

Hi there!

My self Hafiz Muhammad Haseeb, I'm a graphic designer at Edify College of IT and SEO expert at Rteetech Private Ltd.

Feeling glad to join Upwork community

f1f1a8dd
Community Member

Hello, I'm Caroline from Kenya. I am new to writing, started this beautiful journey about 3 months ago. I have written a few articles and blogs, but I want to sharpen my skills. My goals are my inspiration, I want to write 30 minutes in a day.

2b8cc28d
Community Member

Not trying to complain here but I´ve spent a lot fo connects to boost my proposals.

No feedback, no closed jobs, no connects given back.

Triyin´hard to practice my english but no results. Plus membresy very expensive. Don´t know what to do really.

bd006c23
Community Member

Hey there! I'm Rob and I'm a voice actor located in the San Francisco bay Area. I'm hoping to learn how to effectively leverage the platform to find more work and how to filter out scams! I am inspired by empowering others. 🙂

--
Rob Sogomonian
Voice Actor / Owner at Psyjnir Media Studios
6bdf59fc
Community Member

Hi All; My name is Precious and I work in the field of HRM, located in Lagos Nigeria. I specialize in Human Resources Management, Public Relations, Research and Analysis Management, advertising, .  I am also open to sharing ideas and potentially finding job opportunities through interacting with other members on this forum. I believe that collaboration and exchanging knowledge with others can help us grow both professionally and personally. So, I'm hoping to learn from the experiences and expertise of other members and contribute to the community by sharing my own ideas and knowledge. I find inspiration in my desire to be successful. In particular, I'm inspired by those who have overcome challenges and achieved great things through hard work and determination. Its just to believe that nothing is impossible in this world, and strives towards that goal with determination and achieve success.

d2665012
Community Member

Hi everyone, My name is Jealaiza. I'm new here.  Excited to have work here . I'm good in Accounting and I'm from Philippines. 

5b00688b
Community Member

Hi eveyone! I am currently taking my Bachelor's Degree here in the Phiippines specializing the Microniology major. I hope that this step and/or freelancing step lead me to success in life. I am a newbie and I hope that I can do this! My inspiration are my family.

5b00688b
Community Member

Hi eveyone! I am currently taking my Bachelor's Degree here in the Phiippines specializing the Microniology major. I hope that this step and/or freelancing step lead me to success in life. I am a newbie and I hope that I can do this! My inspiration are my family

0f4f3f84
Community Member

Hi my name is Neang. i am from cambodia.nice to meet you all.

b8cd8b5c
Community Member

Hi, Am Kelechi, from Nigeria, am into typing and graphic designs (logos, flyers, magazines and brochure designs). I find inspiration in my will to be successful and my family who look up to me for sustenance, please help and guide me right.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths