🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,849 REPLIES 1,849
Guhan S Community Member

Im Good at reselling Products and Finisjing Up Good Deals 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Guhan,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork
Jenna L Community Member

With a strong background in field construction coordination, sales, and customer relationship management, I bring a diverse skill set and a passion for delivering exceptional results. With my previous experience, I like to highlight some of the following tasks: 

• My proficiency in maintaining budgets, managing inventory, and utilizing CRM systems has contributed to efficient operations and client satisfaction.
  • Leveraged CRM programs and built strong relationships with customers to understand their needs.
  • Problem-solving, inventory and supply management, proficiency in CRM and ERP systems, and expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite.
  • Successfully managed personnel, reviewed timecards, and handled other administrative duties.
  • Effectively manage and organize schedules, appointments, and meetings.
  • Coordinating projects, streamlining processes, and optimizing organizational efficiency.

Currently, I am located on the East Coast of the United States, splitting my time between Charlotte, NC and Baltimore, MD. 

When it comes to inspiration, I find it in various forms. From influential figures who have made a significant impact in their respective fields to my family and friends who demonstrate resilience and kindness, I am continually inspired by power of determination I see in those I surround myself with. Their stories remind me of the limitless possibilities that exist when passion, dedication, and a strong sense of purpose converge.

As I dive into this community, my primary goal is to learn and grow through the invaluable knowledge and experiences shared by other members. I am eager to gain insights and perspectives from diverse professionals and expand my understanding of remote freelancing work while sharpening my skills with the administrative and project management relms.

Thank you for welcoming me into this community, and I anticipate the exciting journey ahead!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Jenna,

Welcome to Upwork Community! This is a place where you can ask and answer questions, search topics, learn, socialize, network, and get updates about Upwork.

The Community is also where members can share input on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have any ideas on how we can improve their experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share that feedback.

Let’s also get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork
Anoushae Q Community Member

Hi all. My name is Anoushae and I am a Psychology student located in Pakistan. Although I am just a student but have past practice of management, advisory, assistance, and most of all writing. Moreover, I can be quite helpful in work related to Psychology be it coaching, conselling, or even generally anything, along with which I also think of ghostwriting to be amazing. I am here on this forum to learn and gain experience for the practical life ahead so I look forward to be taught and advised by more skilled peers present here to guide me towards enhancemnt and improvement in life. Not only that but I would gladly help anyone of the peers in need. I don't really have a specific inspiration but just the crave for self-satisfaction, improvement and being financially independent. If anyone wants to interpret it as anyone having all those traits then be it, for I am inspired or pushed by thetraits and positive open mindset that can help people acheive anything in life.

Jabeen N Community Member

I'm new here 

Jabeen N Community Member

I want to make online assignments and presentation .

I'm from Pakistani 

Khaled M Community Member

Hello eveybody. I am Khaled Mohamed . I am a professional logo designer with a passion for creating beautiful and functional designs. I believe that every design should be unique and representative of the client's identity. I enjoy working closely with clients and listening to their vision and ideas in order to create a design that fully captures their brand.

My work involves designing logos for businesses, organizations, and non-profit entities, as well as icons, symbols, and complete visual identities. I use various design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to ensure high-quality work and timely deilverd.

I work with clients from the planning and brainstorming stages all the way through to the final design and delivery of necessary files. I strive to make the experience of working with me easy and enjoyable, and I ensure excellent communication with clients throughout the design process to ensure their complete satisfaction with the final product.

Courtney M Community Member

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?  Technology Support, Project Management and Training 
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? How to monetize my skills to provide additional income.
  3. What (or who) inspires you? People who run successful businesses
Najim U Community Member

Hi, My Name Is Najim I'm new to Upwork. I'm a Professional Video Editor & Graphics Designer. I hope we all can move forward successfully by working well at Upwork. Thanks All.

Editor Najim
Albert K Community Member

My name is Albert Kiviet from Soweto, South Africa and I am a Narrator. I'm inspired by Sello Maake ka Ncube

Albert K Community Member

My name is Albert Kiviet from Soweto in South Africa. I'm a trained professional Actor specializing in Voice Overs and narrations. I'm inspired by Sello Maake ka Ncube.

Marian Y Community Member

☺️ Hi everyone! I'm Marian! I'm from Colorado and currently am in the research department for an insurance company, specifically in the commercial vehicle side. 

👩🏻‍🏫 I'm hoping that someone can guide me and help me move away from the corporate world. I want to know the ins and outs, how one felt initially and where they are now, I am genuinely curious!

April Joy P Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm April from the Philippines. I have more than four years of customer service and technical support in the business process outsourcing industry. I was also a subject matter expert and product trainer of the previous account I handled in BPO.

I am new to freelancing and hoping to get some tips and tricks from this community. I would like to pursue a career in this industry to have more flexibility and achieve work-life balance. 

I have been doing my online research about being a freelancer and I am mindblown by the stories from members of this industry. I have the basic skills and am willing to learn more to excel in this career. 

Cheers!

Amie L Community Member

Hi everyone! My name is Amie, and I have worked in the digital marketing space, primarily management and SEO, for 9 years. For the last 2 years my focus has been in the web 3 space. I have also learned how to create 3d metaverse environments and augmented reality filters. I hope to learn best practices for success here, possibly collaborate, and I hope that we can all support one another on our freelance journey. I'm inspired by anyone who dares to go after what they're passionate about and by people who are genuinely kind to others 

Huma R Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am huma Ramzan. I worked in SEO (search engine optimization) for Amazon eBay Walmart Etsy. I lived in Pakistan. yes, I want to learn. I inspire by my boss.

Farukh S Community Member

Hi! I'm Farukh. I'm a journalist, writer, and Social Media activist 

Brooklyn C Community Member

Hey guys, another writer and editor newbie to the site. If you have any tips for me please let me know! Thanks.

Alida S Community Member

Good day my name is Alida. I’m a Freelancing Recruiter and virtual Assistant. I quite new on Upwork and would like some advice on how to start from the ground up building my Upwork profile. I love the idea to work independently from around the world. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Ijeoma I Community Member

Hello everyone,my name is ijay, I am a Nigerian, I am a  professional virtual assistant with a lot of Administrative skills ,as well as vast knowledge of software tools that help us to work seamlessly.

My hope for joining this community to mingle with my superiors who can help me to grow in my career journey on Upwork.

Sharon B Community Member

Hi everyone. I am Sharon from Paramaribo, Suriname. I am a virtual assistant, with experience working as an editorial assistant, blogger and customer service worker. Furthermore, I hope to learn more about how to work on Upwork and hopefully gain more clients.

John B Community Member

Hi,

I am John Benjamin from Bangalore, India.. I have experience in building companies, growing the Top line incharge of the P&L with experience ranging from FMCG, Real Estate, Concept Sales in different geographies and domain.

Its not that one has to  only learn, I am open to unlearn and relearn from other members. It is not about just being successful but also to be of value to someone is the inspiration I get from some people I follow.

Nikie S Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm a 3d generalist located in London. I'm just starting out as a freelancer so it would be great to learn how to obtain jobs and gain momentum. At university, i studied Engineering and Architecture and I find inspiration when I come across things that don't run efficiently/are broken.

Christine R Community Member

Hi  everyone,im newbie here😊

Prachi L Community Member

Hello, Myself Prachi Ganesh Lohar i am from Kolhapur, Maharashtra. I have completed BE in CSE My name is Prachi Ganesh Lohar. I’m from Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
I have completed my BE in CSE at dypatil college of engineering and technology, Kolhapur.
I have completed my schooling in Usharaje High School. And Diploma in Government Polytechnic Kolhapur.
Well, my technical skills are Java, MS OFFICE, HTML, CSS, Graphics Designing, Video editing.
And coming to my soft skills, I’m very punctual, reliable and responsible at my work.
My interest is to keep on learning about new technologies.
I believe that my positive attitude is my biggest strength because I take.
Challenges and accept success and failure in a balanced way to move forward.
Always work hard to get my challenges successful.
My current goal is to get a job in a reputed company and my long-term goal is to achieve a good position where I can build my career and help the organization too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths