🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
d277c74b
Community Member

I'm new at Upwork in content writing category. 

e8139b59
Community Member

Hello
I translate English to Arabic with high quality. I have done many jobs before and the efficiency is outstanding!

0d592db0
Community Member

iAm new to freelance. iAm from Anderson s.c..Iam inspired by new initiative way to build a cat threw my writting skills

0d592db0
Community Member

iAm new to freelance.Iam from Anderson s.c.An iAm inspired by new initiative ways to build a career threw my writting skills!

12543ae3
Community Member

Hi,I'm Ziyanda from South Africa I'm more interested in personal assistant work and data capturing please assist as to how I can get to attract employers to employ me.

36b34ef4
Community Member

Hey all!

I'm thrilled to join the vibrant Upwork Community! As someone deeply involved in the tech space, specifically database services, ETL, data analysis, and cloud migration, I'm here to both share my insights and learn from the diverse experiences this platform offers.

I hail from Czechia and serve as the CTO of Baremon, a company I co-founded. Our focus is on leveraging cloud technologies for efficient data migration, governance, and ensuring robust and secure data ecosystems for insightful analytics. With over two decades of experience spanning Oracle, Collibra, AWS, and more, my journey has been a relentless pursuit of excellence in data management and performance tuning.

What I'm hoping to gain here is an exchange of innovative ideas and best practices in the tech and freelancing world. I'm particularly keen on discussions about cloud migration strategies, data governance frameworks, and performance optimization.

Inspiration for me comes from the challenge itself - navigating the complexities of data systems and cloud technologies to deliver solutions that drive real business value. Additionally, the opportunity to mentor and share knowledge with others, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement, is a significant source of motivation.

Looking forward to engaging with fellow members, learning from your experiences, and contributing to our mutual success on Upwork!

Jan Suchanek

f42c0bfe
Community Member

Hello, I'm UI/UX designer and open to work.

f402f341
Community Member

HI I AM A FREELANCER . I AM SPECILIST FOR DATA ENTRY. DO YOU NEED ANY DATA ENTRY SPECILIST PLEASE NOCK ME .

9b98c1b5
Community Member

Hello! It Sooraj. A WordPress Developer and a Computer Science Student. Currently Working on Several WordPress Projects.

I am from Mithi, Sindh Province, Pakistan.

I hope the Upwork Journey will be full of New Skills and Learnings.

To be honest, I inspired from Honest and Trustworthy people.

f0c33ac3
Community Member

Hi everyone! I am Leah.

I am a branch cashier for 5 years. and an office worker for 4 years. I do office works using Excel, Word, Powerpoint and PDF. and I cater upto 100 clients in cashiering. I do sales reports at the end of the day. 

I also love creating amazing stuff like video editing and photo editing. I used licensed Movavi Video Editor for my videos and Licensed Adobe Photshop for photos. 

I joined Upwork to challenge myself to work online. I really want to be part of this. I think it fits my ability.

Hoping soon client will knock at my door. 😊 I'm always open. Thank you!

lisa_sharp
Community Member

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am new to the Upwork community.  I have 7 proposals and just one has been viewed.  Is there a secret to getting a job on here?  I just was laid off from United Health Group and I would like to make freelance/Independent Contracting my career in this genture of my career.  I am hoping to do some QA or Automation to companies that use this platform.  Just need a little help getting there.   Thank you for your time.

b2d9dc21
Community Member

Hello, 

Greetings!

I am a seasoned Quality Assurance Professional with over 12 years of experience in software testing field along with ISTQB & Certified Scrum Master. I am located in India & I've had the opportunity to work with clients from various regions including the US, Japan, UK, and Ukraine. Having domains expertise in Healthcare, Payment Gateway, Media & entertainment, Mobile Insurance, Enterprise and Educational.

From other members, I hope to learn about emerging technologies, and best practices in software testing field.

My inspiration is my work & receiving client appreciation from my work, it motivates me for my commitment to excellence in software testing.

Thanks & Regards,
Disha

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths