🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
1102575c
Community Member

Hi my name is Rizalen from Brampton Ontario, Canada. I am new to this freelancer job and I would like to learn how to earn and maximize my spare time whenever I have a spare time. My co-worker from the Philippines posted from facebook that she started from doing simple task and now she's earning more. And I would like to do the same. I would like to work from home full time while I have more time with my family. I did accounting jobs on my previous jobs and I know some company needs bookkeeping and general accounting clerk and I am willing to be part of it. 

24edc64f
Community Member

My name is Shanice, I am 31 mother of three young handsome boys ages 8, 7, & 5.

They're my biggest accomplishment in life and I could not be more proud.

My goal is to one day on my own business with my own team but for now I'm looking for

employment preferably in this field but if not applicable I have experience in food service.

I've served and waited tables on and off most of my life.

I'm exceptionally good at advertising, promoting, self promoting.ect.

My organizational skills are well above average.

I've worked in the car dealership world I have sold cars. I have also worked in the office and done paperwork. DMV paperwork, bank statements, credit checks, loan approval letters etc.

I am great with people. Moving very consistently as a child taught me how to adapt to all the different personalities and backgrounds we all come from.

Thank you so much for your time.

9172de03
Community Member

Helllo, am Cornelius W. I'm an Accountant(CPAk) by profession with more than five years hands on experience.Am good at Data Entry, Excel pro, Business management and development e.t.c. I am in Nairobi ,Kenya.

I would wish to learn and get different exposures in the same or diverse profession from various people, acquire extensive knowledge, methologies and techniques that would up my skills to match clients needs.

I belive that everything is doable and am inspired by the fact learning never ends since new problems requires differnt approaches and at times new skill to solve them.

Kindly find my Curriculum Vitae hereby attached

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

e48d4275
Community Member

Hi everyone.. Me Mohamed from India. 

What I say.... I like letters. Think, type and repeat. Yes... There's 

Plenty of letters Behind every technology. 

See...Very recent sensation BOTS... Magic of letters. So I am here to write. I can make your content healthy.. Trust me. 

Have a great time. 

f953d46b
Community Member

Hi,

I am Abdullah, a 3d Architectural visualizer with a experience of 4+ years. I can do 3d modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering, animations and landscape also. I want to become a successful freelancer. I join upwork more then 1 year ago.

Here is my profile link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0190beed79b034ccbb

Abdullah Zahid
21a03f8c
Community Member

Hello I'm new here. I'm freelance arch'l drafter from Phils. Looking for a client who needs my services. Pls feel free tx.

9886aec5
Community Member

1.I live in Shenzhen, China, where I work as a science park and currently work as an embedded software engineer in the beauty industry and consumer electronics. I am mainly responsible for the development of embedded software for electronic products, can also independently design some simple circuit schematics, PCBlayout, including debugging and testing.

2. I want to learn how to find part-time jobs that match my abilities, which I find difficult.

3.It's life that inspires me. I want to improve my life and my family's life.

13ba4b27
Community Member

Hello,

I am Jiteshh from India. I am an experienced professional. Have explored various fields and positions during career span of 30 years. Right from Teaching, Pharma Sales, Insurance Sales and Training, Construction Industry to Metal and Commodity trading. Was in East Africa for 5 years and currently freelancing EXIM business facilitator.

As I came across this unique platform and having desire to use my expertise in writing I joined it. 

I can write for a range of subjects. Need experienced members' guidance on how to start here. 

I have attended a 3 day bootcamp on content writing from SkillArbitrage and that inspired me to join this platform.

ccaff399
Community Member

Hello there! My name is Maruthiram and I'm based in Tamil Nadu, India. I am currently seeking clients in the healthcare industry, such as individual doctors or groups of doctors from any part of the world, to provide them with RCM services. Some of the services I offer include coding, billing to insurance companies, denial management, appeals, and resolving claims denial to ensure timely payments from insurance companies within 30 business days. I specialize in Medicare and Medicaid claims.

As I am still learning how to be successful in my career, I would appreciate hearing from others on how to attract my first clients.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards, Maruthi Ram. K

Hi Maruthiram,

Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check available learning paths in the Upwork Academy section to help you get a safe and successful start on Upwork. 

Additionally, I am sure that other users will share valuable tips to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
85d15234
Community Member

I have done my proffessional internship as programme operations support. I'm open to work as data entry and translation. currently I am in Kigali.I would love to learn from other how they successed their work on upwork starting from scatch. I have inspired by friends to join and start work on upwork. 

3356c969
Community Member

Hi! I am Vidya Thomas from India. I am new here and want to become a freelancer.

I have experience in Customer Support. I used to resolve the customer queries through chat and emails. I want to explore new areas where I can utilize my other skills too. 

My inspiration is my sister who is also in the freelancing field. Please help me out with applying for the job. 

Community Member

Hi I'm Mare! 

I live in Croatia and I work in Media Production. That includes audio and video editing, SFX and VFX, photo editing as well as some aspects of preproduction (Microsoft office Excel, Power Point, Word...).

I am hoping to get better understanding of the Upwork platform:

How to get my first client?

How do I edit my profile page?

I am excited to learn about talent-client communication and the hiring process.

I'm inspired by strong audio visual content. Music helps me focus on my own growth as well as the growth of my work. 

Hi Marija,

Welcome to Upwork! I encourage you to check available learning paths in the Upwork Academy section to help you get a safe and successful start on Upwork. I am sure that other users will share valuable tips to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
9f4b7708
Community Member

Hi! I'm Eric. I'm a data entry professional, and learning Graphic Design. I'd love to find some type of apprenticeship. I'm in Ghana. 

I'm hoping to learn to be successful in my career and I'd love to hear from others on how to attract first clients among others. 

Joyce M.'s profile inspires me when I'm working, but I find inspiration in the things I do.

I'm currently studying Graphic Design using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. 
Thank you.

40806f6e
Community Member

Assalamoalkm 

My name is Afshan Ghaffar I am living in Dubai working as a customer services I am working with different Nationalities But now I also want to work with other people and out of Dubai my elder sister told me to check out the UPWORK she is the one who inspired me to become a part of Upwork

b39f1f12
Community Member

Hey, I'm Cleophas from Kenya. I'm looking for data entry jobs

5b064295
Community Member

Hey Upwork!

The majority of my career I’m worked as an Alternative Investment Business development & Investor Relations professional with twenty years of experience in Asset management, Private Equity and Hedge Funds. My clients our Financial Sponsors, Corporations, Institutions, Endowments, Pensions and sovereign wealth funds.   I help facilitate the generation of Quarterly, Annual and Ad hoc Investor Reporting.  As well as the day-to-day client relationship management of Investor Requests, Capital Calls, Distributions, CRM systems.  My main and most rewarding responsible fundraising by presenting new investment opportunities and continuing to protect the brand and building I do this by interacting closely with Investment Management teams, Accounting, Legal and Operations teams within and organization. 

I love facilitating investment execution, streamlined reporting and operational excellence for organizations so they can create more value for their investors.  I believe in clear, concise and persuasive communications to protect the brand.

I do this by cohesively collaborating with various departments within an organization (Investment team, Tax, Global Fund Finance, Legal & Compliance, as necessary) that helps them cost costs, improve efficiencies by streamlining reporting and monitoring investments so they can add value to their investors. 

84aafe49
Community Member

Hi,

I am Aliya Nisar, I do  English to Urdu Translator, Editing Proofreading, Subtittlie, and voice over.

I am new here (not really) its been 2 months now. Got some responce but not actual work yet. I really appricate this fourm, but there are so many scamers gere now. I hope upwork will take care of this issue. One more suggetion , There should be  time limlt for Clients aswell to decide yes or no, i saw so many job 2-3 months but Still they even not look or send invite to any one.

Thaks,

Aliya

1185052f
Community Member

Hi 

I am new to this Upwork community 

And I have many hobbies 🙂

03e640a5
Community Member

Hello everyone! I'm Tati. I'm a proofreader but I also do character design and development as well as story development. I live in Phoenix, Arizona of the USA.

I'm a proofreader but I also do character design and development as well as story development. I'm also an aspiring author, illustrator, and narrator. I hope to learn how to gain and keep confidence in myself especially when it comes to talking to a client. I must admit I'm a bit on the shy side the first time I talk to someone I don't know. Also I'm not used to putting myself out there. I am open and will be thankful to anyone who has anything to teach me as I have a lot to learn.

Inspiration for me usually comes from books I read or movies and shows I watch. I also love Celtic music.

fbb6a6b3
Community Member

Hi, my name is Diana, I'm a Colombian Graphic Designer. I've been working mainly on social media, and sometimes with e-commerce. I'm inspired by any designer who keeps loving this career in spite of sometimes feels like it has more "downs" than "ups"

eve726
Community Member

I built my first website for a client fresh out of college and over the years ended up focused on SEO. I like tough topics on new subjects beause it's hard to do well, and I like learning new business verticals.

gkmnil
Community Member

My name is Gopekanto, a seasoned video editor with over nine years of dedicated experience in the industry. I am reaching out to express my interest in joining your esteemed Upwork agency.

What I Bring to Your Agency:

1. Proven Expertise: With a rich history in video editing, I offer a wealth of experience, ensuring projects are approached with skill and finesse.

2. Technical Proficiency: My proficiency in various editing tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, guarantees a seamless and professional execution of tasks.

3. Creativity and Innovation: I bring a creative edge to every project, enhancing visual storytelling and ensuring a unique, engaging end product.

4. Premium Resources: Access to premium stock footage and audio from Envato Elements enriches the quality and variety of content I can deliver.

5. Collaborative Spirit: I am not just an editor; I am a team player ready to collaborate, share ideas, and contribute to the overall success of your agency.

I am confident that my skills and commitment align perfectly with the standards upheld by your agency. If given the opportunity, I am eager to demonstrate how my contribution can elevate the quality and impact of your projects.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the prospect of working together and contributing to the continued success of your agency.

nilavro
Community Member

Want to work with content writers and agencies

I started using Upwork (oDesk) in 2012. Initially, I got hired for some WordPress fixing jobs and got good reviews. Then, I started working for local newspapers and didn’t continue on Upwork. After a gap of almost a decade, I returned to the platform. Many things have changed. The number of bids on a job skyrocketed. And I also decided to shift my focus from WordPress to being a content writer and translator. I tried to update my profile to reflect that change.

Here is my profile. Please take a look and let me know if I am good to go.

Also, I am looking for opportunities to work with other content writers and agencies. Here are some of the services I am currently providing.

• Content writing (web content, blog posts, ebook, etc.)
  • Bengali-English-Bengali translation

Let’s have a chat if you have any leads!

6c263d67
Community Member

Hi everyone I'm new to the community just dipping my toes in the water 

diacon16
Community Member

Salutare ,sunt din Romania , am calificare de inginer mecanic si acum jnvat grafica . Am nevoie de mentori pentru a creste pe Upwork  , sunt deschis la invatare , sunt optimist si astept noi provocari.

Ion

121c9891
Community Member

Thrilled to weave my code into the fabric of this dynamic community. I'm Zeeshan Khaliq, your friendly Front-End Alchemist, here to share, learn, and thrive in the world of freelancing.

In the vast landscape of freelancing, my compass points towards refining business alchemy and gathering insights into effective spells for success. Join me in this enchanting journey of shared experiences, client sagas, and the endless pursuit of professional growth.

Excited to sync up with all of you and contribute to the magic of this community! :glowing_star:```

Welcome, Zeeshan Khaliq! It's fantastic to have a Front-End Alchemist like you join our dynamic community. Your enthusiasm for refining business alchemy and weaving effective spells for success in the world of freelancing is truly inspiring.

Crafting seamless user experiences is an art, and your role as a Front-End Alchemist is crucial in making digital interactions enchanting and user-friendly. Your focus on shared experiences, client sagas, and the pursuit of professional growth will undoubtedly add a magical touch to our community.

Feel free to share your insights, ask questions, and engage in discussions. Your expertise in the world of freelancing is a valuable asset, and we're eager to learn from your experiences. Together, let's create a space where the magic of creativity and collaboration thrives!

If you have any spells, ahem, tips for crafting seamless user experiences, or if you want to share a client saga, we're all ears (and eyes)! :sparkles::sparkles: Looking forward to the enchanting journey ahead with you, Zeeshan! :mage:

7d95e57f
Community Member

Hi. I'm Liam, just joined upwork. I am a freelancer. Understand a little English. Would be very happy if anyone needs help. Happy to be part of this work. Happy to be here .

3d45f109
Community Member

Hi Andrea and Upwork Community!

I'm Sarbpreet, a seasoned software developer based in ON, Canada. Excited to join this vibrant community! In my 6+ years of experience, I've specialized in C#, .NET Core, and Azure. Hoping to connect with fellow professionals, share insights, and learn more about freelancing best practices.

I find inspiration in tackling complex challenges and delivering impactful solutions. Looking forward to engaging with this dynamic community and contributing to our collective success!

Best, Sarbpreet

e3a47891
Community Member

Hey there, 

From Bangladesh, I'm Md. Shoeb.  I'm currently working in the accounting and bookkeeping fields. I completed my graduation with an accounting and finance background. I have four years of experience in the accounting field. I'm also a Quick Books Pro-Advisor-certified accountant. I'm also practicing CA now.

From other members, I want to learn many things, like that whenever I face a problem that is not possible for me to solve, I want to seek help from my community's senior, experienced members.

My self-motivation inspired me most because there are lots of things around you that motivate you, but this motivation won't be long-lasting for you. Only your inner fire can burn you and chase you to your destination.

Thanks to everyone. I love you all.

Md. Shoeb

9f9a1895
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

What field do you work in, and where are you located?
Oracle Database Administrator, Hyderabad, India
What are you hoping to learn from other members?
No
What (or who) inspires you?
My self searching for frelencing work.

0971c381
Community Member

Currently I don't work in any field but I am interested in editing and proofreading stories(novels)(like on webnovel) cause I love reading them and I sometimes notice mistakes in them, currently learning web designing, I hope I learn how to edit and proofread better(cause I haven't done in any course , just from my experience in reading 10's of books with 1000+ chapters on webnovel , reading normal fictional novels, watching movies and so on.) And what techniques- if any - to use . Any tips for web designing will also be appreciated (learning web designing cause coding is interesting 😆    )

f953d46b
Community Member

Hi everybody,

I am Abdullah, a 3d Visualizer. I am working as a 3ds max expert in Islamabad, Pakistan more then 3+ years.

I want to become a successful Freelancer. The peoples that are working as a top rated or successful freelancers inspires me more to become successful. 

Abdullah Zahid
4777baf9
Community Member

Hello Upwork community ! :glowing_star:

Just joined as a graphic designer.

Could you please review my completed profile and offer advice ?

Any tips on landing my first job ?

Grateful for your insights ! 🙏

#UpworkNewbie

#GraphicDesign

1623a3a4
Community Member

Hello all,

I am a newjoiner in Upwork platform. I am actively looking for being explore opportunities in accounting and auditing field. Would you mind to assist me in finding relevant projects. Thanks.

4979e89d
Community Member

I a Karamat Ali and i am a video editor.
i am here to improve or optimize my upwork profile 
need some tips from experts

8ffd0728
Community Member

Hi all 

I'm new here and this is the first time I get  a home job as a designer and I hope to find a help from you to work so hard in this field. Thanks 

cd4575f5
Community Member

* I am in the accounting feild and located in Kampala Uganda

* I am hoping to learn how to get jobs from the community members 

* And what inspires me is the drive to earn as i work from home giving more time to my children and i build my financial independence.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths