🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to Upwork
Page options
graces18
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hello,

I am new here and I would like to find translation for biginners since this is new for me. How do I find and select them and How can I get jobs without using my bitcoins.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Quote: "I am new here and I would like to find translation for biginners since this is new for me."

Are you quite firm on that $70/hour asking rate that I see in your profile?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
reinierb
Community Member

@Corinne P wrote:

Hello,

I am new here and I would like to find translation for biginners since this is new for me. How do I find and select them and How can I get jobs without using my bitcoins.

Thank you

This from your profile- I believe that my work experience, my cultural knowledge and my language skills can be a asset for you.

Frankly, it does not matter what you believe. You have to make potential clients believe that part of your profile, and the best way to do that is create a porfolio of your best work. 

Thank you.

I am sorry, that was removed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Corinne, 

In order for you to submit bids to jobs within your skills, and experience, you will be using a minimum of 2 connects for each bid. You may learn more about using your Connects  here.

Please also know that it is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service to use a photo other than yourself. The team will follow up with you directly with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
graces18
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thank you for your answer.

I am sorry about that , I will remove the picture.

Do I need to put my picture on my profile?

Thank you

Corinne

Quote: "I am new here and I would like to find translation for biginners since this is new for me."

Are you quite firm on that $70/hour asking rate that I see in your profile?

Corinne,

If you want to survive as a freelancer on Upwork or anywhere else, you need to completely reassess your skills and your overview. Your rates are far too high for someone with little or no experience in the working world let alone as a translator. At the moment you have set yourself up as bait for every scammer in the book.

Before you even start bidding for jobs you should read all there is to know about Upwork and how it operates and you should start here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

Hello,

I didi'n really know what amount to put.

Thanks I will reconsider it..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths