» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
myeghiazaryan
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hi, I'm struggling to find projects.

What is going wrong?

Link to my profile is as below

I have a 100% complete profile with relevant details.

I've submitted 120 proposals and I do write customized proposal for every client. Can you help me to get my first job or improve my profile, please ?

9 REPLIES 9
5a9f8ba1
Community Member

Hello Mariam, 

Are you aware your profile is set as Private, and people can not see your profile? Go to profile settings and make it public so your profile can be accessible. 

Hi Marvin ,

Thank you for your response. But unfortunately my profile is locked and I'm not able to change the visibility. 

Hi Mariam,

Allow me to confirm the status of your account. I can see that there's no restriction on your account and the profile visibility has been reset back to Public Status. You can use your account as normal and submit proposals to win jobs.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you very much. 

christopherbudde
Community Member

I never write custom proposals, way too time consuming. I have a boilerplate with technical points I use and customize as necessary.

virtualbrix
Community Member

I would say have a template with the more generic points like your skill set and so forth.

Than customize other parts based on what the job / project is about.

Actually I do like that, but there is no result. 

virtualbrix
Community Member

Depends how many you do? How put together your proposal is. Does the Job reflect your profile, do you boost it? etc?

2d916135
Community Member

Hi Mariam

I am new myself to the platform and still exploring the options to optimize my profile. As a fellow newcomer can I make a suggestion? You might want to redo your Title and Overview and optimize them according to your expertise. You can follow the academy courses for more detailed guidelines on how to optimize your Title and Overview. Wish you all the best with future efforts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths