🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to upwork
Page options
de09aecc
Community Member

New to upwork

Hi I'm new to upwork, To accept my proposal do I really need to be available? Because available on charging me 7 connects, which is too high..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Kousalya,

Like Sophie stated, you do not have be available to send proposals and interact with clients. However, as a graphic designer myself, I would continue to update your profile before sending proposals to clients.

For example, I would add more substance, focus a little more on the potential client, and add some spacing. Something like:

Hi, I'm a Certified Graphic Designer (FITA) with 6 months of experience. I love to work with creative projects and my goal is to help my clients bring their visions to reality by designing colorful, trendy, attractive graphics within their schedules and budgets!

I specialize in photo editing, and creating brochures, menus, ads, posters, and other print media using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Canva.

My clients have been amazed with the results of my work; especially their photos and images where I correct errors, make slight alterations, and perform redesigns to get be best output. Here is a quick overview of the graphics design services I provide to my clients:

• Photo/Image Editing (retouching, alterations, error corrections)
  • Flyers/Posters Design
  • Brochure Design
  • Logo Design
  • Social Media Banners
Let’s discuss your graphics design needs! Don’t hesitate to contact me to determine how I can help.

I would also add more graphics design skills to your Skills list. I would add Flyer Design, Logo Design, Brochure Design, Banner Ad Design, Poster Design and a few more. We are allowed a maximum of 15 skills, so I would use all 15, since clients often search Upwork by skill category.

After that, I would update my Portfolio by adding some of your Fiverr images to your Upwork portfolio.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sofia2008
Community Member

The availability badge does not need to be ON to send proposals and interact with clients.

Thankyou 👍

celgins
Community Member

Kousalya,

Like Sophie stated, you do not have be available to send proposals and interact with clients. However, as a graphic designer myself, I would continue to update your profile before sending proposals to clients.

For example, I would add more substance, focus a little more on the potential client, and add some spacing. Something like:

Hi, I'm a Certified Graphic Designer (FITA) with 6 months of experience. I love to work with creative projects and my goal is to help my clients bring their visions to reality by designing colorful, trendy, attractive graphics within their schedules and budgets!

I specialize in photo editing, and creating brochures, menus, ads, posters, and other print media using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Canva.

My clients have been amazed with the results of my work; especially their photos and images where I correct errors, make slight alterations, and perform redesigns to get be best output. Here is a quick overview of the graphics design services I provide to my clients:

• Photo/Image Editing (retouching, alterations, error corrections)
  • Flyers/Posters Design
  • Brochure Design
  • Logo Design
  • Social Media Banners
Let’s discuss your graphics design needs! Don’t hesitate to contact me to determine how I can help.

I would also add more graphics design skills to your Skills list. I would add Flyer Design, Logo Design, Brochure Design, Banner Ad Design, Poster Design and a few more. We are allowed a maximum of 15 skills, so I would use all 15, since clients often search Upwork by skill category.

After that, I would update my Portfolio by adding some of your Fiverr images to your Upwork portfolio.

de09aecc
Community Member

Thankyou so much for your valuable comments. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths