🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to upwork
Page options
4654d384
Community Member

New to upwork

Hi I am from South Africa, and i got approved for a data entry project. I was told that i have to pay 20 dollars for an account connection in order to get my payment into my bank account. Is this true? If you are from South Africa then you know that this not little money being asked. I want to know whether its legit if you are being asked to deposit a fee before you get your payment?

3 REPLIES 3
technician1
Community Member

I would recommend doing some research and verifying the legitimacy of the request before making any payments. Best of luck with your project!

f4504647
Community Member

In my experience, that's usually a pretty significant red flag. A couple of things that I would do first in this situation is look at the job information. It usually shows past jobs/payments, so it's probably okay if they've posted many successful jobs in the past. If not and you still want to consider it, do a Google search (if they've provided the name of the company) asking if it's legit. Please be careful and I hope everything works out! 🙂

AndreaG

Hi Chavonne,

Please know that sending any payments outside of Upwork is against our Terms of Service. This is called Circumvention. If a client is requesting this from you, please flag their message so our team can investigate.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths