🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to upwork-
Page options
51f3d5f5
Community Member

New to upwork-

Hello,

So, my husband didnt know amything about upwork. I made his account and helped him get client hy handling his account. But now when he has got hold of it. I have stopped using his account. He has work for a week and has a pending amount of 113 dollars. I just recently came to know that its against upwork to work on someones's behalf. Is the amount pending due to this? Should we worry that upwork might not release the amount? Should my husband stop dealing thr client? I dont want his hardwork go to waste. Please guide me 

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Madiha,

Each freelancer must have their own unique account on Upwork. Sharing an account is a violation of the Upwork User Agreement. If you'd like to work with other freelancers as a team, check out this help article.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Madiha, the funds go to pending when they are in the process of going to the freelancers as per: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle
As for the other part as far as I know using someone else's account is definitely against the Upwork ToS so not sure how exactly they will handle that.

JoanneP

Hi Madiha,

Each freelancer must have their own unique account on Upwork. Sharing an account is a violation of the Upwork User Agreement. If you'd like to work with other freelancers as a team, check out this help article.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths