🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No Hel on more problems with profile edit
Page options
hec_d
Community Member

No Hel on more problems with profile edit

I have a lot of problems with my profile.
I've tried to contact Upwork but no one replied.
My profile is old and I've not used for years.
Now I need to update some information, but if find problems and no one to help me:

1 - I can't change my hourly rate.

All the instruction didn't work, probably there are some problems with my "old" profile never used for years.

2- Profile status - Impossible to change the status.. but Now the profile was changed from private to public, but not by me ! (i've received a email from upwork), I want prior to change some information !

3 And then also if I try to manage membership , a message show that it's impossible !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hec_d
Community Member

Ok, I understand, but I don't think that is good that an agency can have priority to manage some parts of my profile for me when I don't have underwrite any agreement about this .

Thanks

Ettore

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ettore,

1. Please upload a photo which clearly shows your face, without the sunglasses, to your profile. Complete the blank sections of your profile and make sure to add Portfolio samples and take a few skill tests.

2. You're set as an exclusive agency contractor in the Agency you're associated with, that's why you're not able to update your profile rate directly from your profile. You can ask the agency owner or admin to update your rate from their end or change your status to non-exclusive, in order for you to update the rate yourself.

3. You'll be able to update the membership plan on your Freelancer profile only after leaving the agency or having your status there updated to non-exclusive. Until then, you can work only under the agency andwon't be able to use your Freelancer profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
hec_d
Community Member

Hi Vladimir.

Thanks, Now it's clear, but there's another (Big) problem, and it's not my sunglasses Smiley Happy
At this time I haven't signed any "real" agreement with that agency, at this time they have just contacted me and invited to join on upwork, so that i've resumed my old and not updated profile (I've not used for years because now I work for another company) and going to update it, but how is possible that someone can "take" my profile, it has to be personal and it was to be editable only by me (or only I have can decide who can do it), do you agree ?
Best regards.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hello Ettore,

You can ask the agency owner to change your membership from exclusive to non-exlusive by going to their Agency Settings > Members & Permissions > Agency Freelancer.  That way you will be able to change your own rate.

Here is some additional information regarding Working For An Agency.

~Nina
hec_d
Community Member

Ok, I understand, but I don't think that is good that an agency can have priority to manage some parts of my profile for me when I don't have underwrite any agreement about this .

Thanks

Ettore

Ettore,

You can ask your agency owner to change your status in the agency from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. That way you'll be able to set your own rate and visibility as well as apply to some jobs as an independent freelancer.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths