🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No job specifics and no budget
Page options
a1f5901d
Community Member

No job specifics and no budget

Hi everyone!

I am looking for work in editing/proofreading, but I often see job postings that don't give any details about the job or list a budget for it. For example, they want a document to be proofread but don't mention the number of words or pages. I'm looking for short jobs right now, so how can I know if I should submit a proposal for these jobs? I don't want to waste connects on a job that is not for me, but if they don't give any details, what is a person to do? Also, how can I know how much to charge if I don't know the size of the job? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Karen

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karen, 

May I suggest adding a search filter and saving the filter on this page to your job search so our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched. If there are no search filters saved, the system will always pull the results based on your categories. I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ Avery
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

They are most likely scams so best you not bother wasting yout connects on them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths