🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No order on upwork
Page options
910e5e1b
Community Member

No order on upwork

Hi, I have no order for more than one month now. Can someone look at my profile about the changes that I should make to get some orders here on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
df602768
Community Member

Hi Muzzamil,

I think you have mistaken Upwork for another freelancing platform. Upwork is not about customers/clients who visit your profile and purchase your service. Sure, it may happen, or you might even get an invitation for an interview from a client, but it is not the norm. 

Don't expect people to visit your profile and place an order. 

That could happen on a day-to-day basis only if you have been established on the platform, with multiple reviews, high earnings, etc. 

Regarding your profile, it is a bit empty. You only have some bullet points about what your expertise includes. 

But let me ask you a question.

As a client, how can I know that you are an expert, as you say you are, in Customer Support or Coupon Creation?

I cannot. 

That is why you have to work your way by applying to jobs and bringing results. Results produce reviews, reviews earnings, and so on. 

Try to find work for a few clients first and work a bit on your profile. Add information on how do you implement SEO, for instance. 

I hope it helps. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
df602768
Community Member

Hi Muzzamil,

I think you have mistaken Upwork for another freelancing platform. Upwork is not about customers/clients who visit your profile and purchase your service. Sure, it may happen, or you might even get an invitation for an interview from a client, but it is not the norm. 

Don't expect people to visit your profile and place an order. 

That could happen on a day-to-day basis only if you have been established on the platform, with multiple reviews, high earnings, etc. 

Regarding your profile, it is a bit empty. You only have some bullet points about what your expertise includes. 

But let me ask you a question.

As a client, how can I know that you are an expert, as you say you are, in Customer Support or Coupon Creation?

I cannot. 

That is why you have to work your way by applying to jobs and bringing results. Results produce reviews, reviews earnings, and so on. 

Try to find work for a few clients first and work a bit on your profile. Add information on how do you implement SEO, for instance. 

I hope it helps. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths