🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No response from client after pausing the con...
Page options
jb_boyles
Community Member

No response from client after pausing the contract

My client paused our contract because she is still waiting for her client to pay her in full and that it would only take for a few hours. However, it has been 4 days. I message her on Upwork and I even sent her a message on the WhatsApp number she gave but I did not receive any response. I know that she read it because it was in seen mode. She is my first client in Upwork and I am too afraid that she will get annoyed and will give me negative feedback if I follow up again. How do I settle this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No. Upwork has millions of users, and the client isn't doing anything wrong, just inconveniencing you (which is not a violation of rules unfortunately...). It happens sometimes. Clients have lives and disappear. There's not much to be done about it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jonina Belle J wrote:

My client paused our contract because she is still waiting for her client to pay her in full and that it would only take for a few hours. However, it has been 4 days. I message her on Upwork and I even sent her a message on the WhatsApp number she gave but I did not receive any response. I know that she read it because it was in seen mode. She is my first client in Upwork and I am too afraid that she will get annoyed and will give me negative feedback if I follow up again. How do I settle this?

You do nothing. The client knows where you are should she want to contact you.

As you have already earned money on the job, it will not hurt your (future) rating to leave this open for a few weeks. If you hear nothing, end the contract then.

Just focus on applying to other jobs. 

yes, I can do that. But won't upwork try to contact clients in this type of situation?

No. Upwork has millions of users, and the client isn't doing anything wrong, just inconveniencing you (which is not a violation of rules unfortunately...). It happens sometimes. Clients have lives and disappear. There's not much to be done about it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths