cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Jobs

Alex C Member Since: Dec 15, 2018
1 of 23

could someone please go over my profile and please tell me what's wrong cause I can't seem to find any job

Ace Contributor
Abdul B Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
2 of 23
Dear,
Is this your real name?
Second thing i have noticed that you're a writer & your skills are different.
Third take some test related to your actual skills.
Thank you
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 23

Alex C wrote:

could someone please go over my profile and please tell me what's wrong cause I can't seem to find any job

You have no portfolio and have not taken a single test. 

Bill B Member Since: Feb 16, 2019
4 of 23
I dont't want to hijack, but what sort of tests are you talking about? Are these tests taken on another website that you then post in your profile?

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
5 of 23
Community Guru
6 of 23

Bill B wrote:
I dont't want to hijack, but what sort of tests are you talking about? Are these tests taken on another website that you then post in your profile?

These are upwork tests that you can take. There are tests for a lot of skills that are offered on the site. 

There is a lot of discussion how good the tests are, but in the very least it demonstrates to the potential client that the freelancer is (a bit more) serious and has taken the time and effort to show his skills.

If I were a client, I would skip profiles without tests, it just seems lazy. 

(There are a lot of very successful freelancers that have not taken tests. That was before the site was overrun with people, and it was easier to establish oneself. Nowadays I don't think one can do without.)

Bill B Member Since: Feb 16, 2019
7 of 23
That makes sense. Thank you very much for the information. I will be sure to start doing some tests! 😁
Community Guru
8 of 23

Bill B wrote:
That makes sense. Thank you very much for the information. I will be sure to start doing some tests! 😁

Some unsolicited advice: I also write a blog and would be happy to share my content with you if you would like a sample of my work.

Put these work samples into your portfolio. You are making it unneccessarily hard for a client to get an impression of you and your skills. Portfolio pieces, preferably with a nice picture on them, will make a client spend more time on your profile and hopefully get attached to you... Smiley Wink

Islam M Member Since: Nov 6, 2017
9 of 23

hey Marina, can you take a look at my profile too https://www.upwork.com/fl/islammagdy15  and tell me if there is something wrong? am not getting enough jobs too and i really don't know why, would appreciate yor help whenever you are free, thanks

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
10 of 23

Martina P wrote:

There is a lot of discussion how good the tests are, but in the very least it demonstrates to the potential client that the freelancer is (a bit more) serious and has taken the time and effort to show his skills.
If I were a client, I would skip profiles without tests, it just seems lazy. 

Oh dear, I hope there aren't many clients that think like that, as my profile doesn't have any test results!

(There are a lot of very successful freelancers that have not taken tests. That was before the site was overrun with people, and it was easier to establish oneself. Nowadays I don't think one can do without.)

Well, I'm not sure it was a lot easier 18 months ago, when I got started, but I guess it was somewhat easier.

Although I have some Top 10% and Top 20% results in tests that are slightly relevant, I've so far only managed a Top 30% in the one test that is really relevant, and I don't feel that's good enough. It's about time I tried it again. But I'm lazy. You were right about that.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS