🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not gaining result from the Upwork
Page options
b3506105
Community Member

Not gaining result from the Upwork

So i've joined since six months, i even purchase 100 connects but i can't find clients, tried every best level to reach clients. Loosing spirit, Share some good advice

3 REPLIES 3
2ee28f93
Community Member

Hey mate, 

Having a killer portfolio of work (website, instagram, behance etc) that you can direct people to is probably the best way to get hired. If people see what you're capable of and understand you've worked for real clients in the past, it's more likely to put them at ease. The work will speak for itself, and if you think it isn't there yet, maybe spend a little longer trying to get better at what you do. 

Other than that, it's the usual nonsense of replying quickly and always being kind and understanding. Oh and try to sound like a normal person when you communicate (you don't have to be so formal all the time). 

Just my 2 cents!

Can't agree more on this.

virtualbrix
Community Member

I would not get discouraged after 100 Connects. I think everyone has the wrong idea about connects and spending them. I look forward to spending my connects. You have to put out a lot of proposals / bids out there before you get clients to recognize you. You should also look at smaller jobs where you can basically do a great job, and in return, you get a good review. Remember, its all about the entire flow which is

1. Buy Connects
2. Look for Projects you can do a good job on
3. Put together a good proposal, does not have to be complex, simple is good
4. Have a strong profile (hard when you just started, i know, this is why you may want to start with smaller jobs)

5. Bid, Bid, Bid... Remember, you need to be out there, bidding on 10 jobs is just a start.

6. Keep trying, do not stop, its just a matter of time.

Good Luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths