🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Fixed Price Is Best For Freelancer
Page options
engr_m-majid
Community Member

Upwork Fixed Price Is Best For Freelancer

Dear Freelancer 

The fixed price of Any kind project is best and trustable things..

No one can cheat each other.

Becuase payment already paid by client to upwork and he did not cheat to freelancer.

If the client ended the project and freelance done everything for this project and complete.

Then freelancer conatct with upwork team and easily solved that matter.

That is good things which i like the upwork team.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure what you mean. Hourly contracts with proper use of the time tracker is proven to be the safest method. Upwork will pay even if the clients fail to, which is not the case in fixed price. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
m_terrazas
Community Member

Muhammad M wrote:

Dear Freelancer 

The fixed price of Any kind project is best and trustable things..

No one can cheat each other.

Becuase payment already paid by client to upwork and he did not cheat to freelancer.

If the client ended the project and freelance done everything for this project and complete.

Then freelancer conatct with upwork team and easily solved that matter.

That is good things which i like the upwork team.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The jobs that really have protected pay are hourly contracts. Of course, to be protected you really have to use the Time tracker correctly. You can search the help how to do it.
The first milestone of a fixed contract can be financed, but be made with a fake card, without real funds or stolen. And there, if the client decides not to pay, you will not have much to do.

And of course, there are the chargebacks, which can happen in any of the types of contract.

I think you should read Wes's thread on scams:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

I think you are disheart of my post which i posted.

but my expereince says when client Escrow payment done by client to upwork then its easier to claim payment from if client ended the project.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** this is my opinion

don't mind please

Not sure what you mean. Hourly contracts with proper use of the time tracker is proven to be the safest method. Upwork will pay even if the clients fail to, which is not the case in fixed price. 

Dear

I am agreed of your words dear

but i post my experince which i seen

and that is my opinion

In matters like this, it is better to report facts than opinions. Opinions help nobody, especially not new freelancers who have absolutely no idea how everything works. 

Muhammad M wrote:

I think you are disheart of my post which i posted.

but my expereince says when client Escrow payment done by client to upwork then its easier to claim payment from if client ended the project.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** this is my opinion

don't mind please

Sorry, it's not an opinion, it's an affirmation.
Things like these are what can make a freelancer not well informed, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

60c4be8f
Community Member

Thank you so much. This is a great tip. I am new to upwork

Ogechi O wrote:

Thank you so much. This is a great tip. I am new to upwork

Ogechi, if you are referring to Muhammad M's "opinion", please take it for what it is, an opinion, not advice.
Look for truthful information about the types of contracts and the true payment protection.

m_terrazas
Community Member

I see my answer has been edited. It's okay.
But, I think OP's should be edited as well, since his so-called "opinion" is not true and can lead new freelancers astray.
In fact, I think the entire post should be deleted.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths