🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting work.
Page options
e94ef400
Community Member

Not getting work.

I am new in upwork. I got one work before 28 days age. After that, I totally sent proposals 16 times. But not getting any feedback from proposals. I am a backend developer. What do i need to do? My dolor going to finish by purchasing cennects. Please suggest me!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
f1785f8c
Community Member

Yeah, that's just how it is. The platform is very competitive. I filled out hundreds of proposals before landing. You just have to keep pushing if you want to succeed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
f1785f8c
Community Member

Yeah, that's just how it is. The platform is very competitive. I filled out hundreds of proposals before landing. You just have to keep pushing if you want to succeed.

But as a beginner, how can a freelancer send hundreds or more proposals? The main problem is that beginners like me have no dolor for purchase connects.

Yeah, I get it. The average job is double the amount of connects from when I started. It's not the best feeling burning money and not making any, but this is just part of the game. You have to pay to play here. Even freelancers that have been on the platform for years still have to buy connects. I would just buy in bulk and apply for a set number of jobs every day. You'll eventually catch something.

I understand the matter, But the problem is I do not support my family, even though I still trying to get the job. Daily I buy the connects. And I got a client 3 days ago. He is Indian, He didn't pay me, but I paid for 3 days for this work. Very sad.

I read elsewhere before joining upwork that payment delays should be expected while freelancing, and I have experience working for companies that take forever to pay external talent. I'm assuming it's a common experience, so if you urgently need money freelancing this might not be the way.

Out of curiosity, how many proposals do you try to submit per day? Or, how many do you recommend new freelancers try to put in per day?

I'm aiming for 5 a day, but the expense is starting to generate alot of doubt.

I ran out of money to buy connects and I need a gig. Just praying one of the jobs I applied reaponds

How did you fid the breakthrough?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths