🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Paying a freelancer
Page options
d88acf4e
Community Member

Paying a freelancer

hey everyone, what is the system for paying freelancers on an hourlycontract. Are they paid directly with the card details I entered or do I need to deposit funds with Upwork. At the moment, the "make a paymen" button is greyed out which suggests that I need to deposit funds before proceeding. Can someone clarify if this is the case. Cheers 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Will,

For hourly contracts, your payment method is automatically charged every Monday for the hours the freelancers log the week prithere is or, so no need to make manual payments. From the date you're billed, you have until Friday of the same week to file a dispute if necessary. You can find more detailed information in this article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Will,

For hourly contracts, your payment method is automatically charged every Monday for the hours the freelancers log the week prithere is or, so no need to make manual payments. From the date you're billed, you have until Friday of the same week to file a dispute if necessary. You can find more detailed information in this article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths