🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment Method Active or Inactive Status
Page options
dinusha_jayaward
Community Member

Payment Method Active or Inactive Status

Hi I'm new to Upwork. I added a payment method this Monday and was notified that it will be active on the 11th (today). I didn't receive any email and can't find anything in my profile that indicates that my payment method is now active. Can someone pls help me to understand how I can be sure that my payment method is now active and can receive payments made by clients without issue?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dinusha,

I checked this for you and your payment method is active. For security reasons, new payment method becomes active in three calendar days.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
25789e39
Community Member

Hey, my payment method is inactive even though its been 4 days...

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Benj, 

Is there any way to expedite the activation. I have an urgent situation.

Hi Marnie-An,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after 3 days. This is a standard security period for your payment method activation and there is no option to expedite this process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8c143c61
Community Member

Hello, could you help me confirm mine aswell?

Hi Namanya,

I checked your account and it looks like you still need to fill in the tax info section on your settings to activate your payment method.

~ AJ
Upwork

could you check mine also?

Hi Nada,

I can see that you've added your payment method on file. You can check here as to when the payment method will be ready for you to use. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
657c7cea
Community Member

Hello Nikola, could you please check my payment method if it's active or not also? I added it 4 days ago and didn't receive an email that it's been verified!

Hi Khaled,

I would be happy to help. I checked and it looks like your payment method is now active. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still seeing it as inactive on your end? If the issue persists please send us a screenshot from your and so that we can check and assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2079670b
Community Member

I am also new here. can't find a job yet. I am a highly professional designer. already worked with thousands of projects on other platforms. but struggling here. Upwork not accepting me. 😞

49fa9867
Community Member

My payment methods all say inactive. :(I've had successful withdrawals in the past?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths