🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment
Page options
vcaliao
Community Member

Payment

Hi I'm new to upwork. I'm just wondering I will still be paid weekly even though the contract is not yet over? Appreciate your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm just wondering I will still be paid weekly even though the contract is not yet over? Appreciate your assistance."

If you have a contract that is set to pay out a set amount every week automatically (known as a "weekly salary" or "weekly stipend")... then this is very rare.

But if you DO have this set up (because your client intentionally or accidentally set it up), then that money will be send to your account at the end of every week as long as the contract remains open. It doesn't matter if the "work is over" or if the "work is finished."

Upwork's software has no way of knowing if "the work is finished."

If you have a regular weekly contract which doesn't pay a "weekly salary" and simply allows you to log time... Then as long as the contract isn't paused on on hold or anything, you can log time. You will be paid at the end of each week for all of the time that you log. It doesn't matter if the "work is finished" or if the "project is over."

If you have completed all of the work that a client wants you to do, then the right thing to do is to NOT do any more work and NOT log any more time. Ask the client if he wants you to do something else. If you don't hear back from him, and you really HAVE FINISHED all of your tasks, then stop working and stop logging time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vernie,

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection and check the 

your Pending tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Happy working!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths